Blotter: Landis woman charged with harboring children’s home runaways
Published 7:12 pm Wednesday, June 12, 2019
SALISBURY — Rowan County authorities charged a Landis woman with harboring teenagers who ran away from a local children’s home.
Deputies received information that two teens — ages 13 and 15 — were at 509 W. Mill St.
The teens ran away from Nazareth Children’s Home in Rockwell. They were found in a spare bedroom at the woman’s home. They told officers they didn’t want to leave but complied as they were escorted to a patrol car.
Officials said Trishia Kathleen Bassett, 41, of Landis is the mother of one of the teens. She told a deputy she didn’t know they were in her home. However, authorities said when they talked to the teens, they said Basset saw them and spoke to them that morning.
Bassett was issued a citation for contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
In other Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A registered sex offender was charged with failing to notify the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office of an address change within the required three business days.
• A man reported an assault Monday in the 1300 block of Circle Drive, China Grove.
• A man reported a break-in Monday in the 1200 block of Wyatt Grove Church Road, Gold Hill.
• Samantha Ryan Ewen, 31, was charged Monday with misdemeanor possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, driving while impaired, speeding, andn driving while license revoked after a traffic stop. Deputies said she was speeding 90 mph in a 70-mph zone on southbound Interstate 85.
• Matthew Wayne Bradshaw, 27, was charged Monday with felony possession of methamphetamine at North Main and Gardner streets, Faith.
• Katharina Anna Martina Crone, 30, was charged Monday with simple possession of marijuana in the 100 block of Garden Lane.
• Jaquan Mandrell Boyd, 24, was charged Monday with felony habitual misdemeanor assault at the Rowan County Detention Center.
• David Christopher Desantis, 47, was charged Monday with felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule II in the 9300 block of Stokes Ferry Road.
• Maurice James Weaver, 28, was charged Monday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 4700 block of South Main Street.
• Anthony Unvon Wilson, 36, was charged Monday with misdemeanor possession of marijuana in the 1900 block of Airport Road.
• Jose Antonio Moreno, 39, was charged Monday with felony taking indecent liberties with children at the Rowan County Detention Center.
• Kayla Nicole Blackwell, 18, was charged Monday with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia at North Main and West 14th streets.
In Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A man reported vandalism Tuesday in the 900 block of Fairmont Avenue.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.