Third Annual Festival Aims To Be ‘Biggest Cheerwine Festival ever!’
Noon-10 p.m. Saturday
The third annual free festival is scheduled for May 18 in downtown Salisbury.
Cheerwine fans will enjoy ice-cold Cheerwine, Southern food, shopping, family-friendly activities, a beer garden and a lineup of live music all afternoon and evening, culminating with multiplatinum rock band Smashmouth, best known for its hit song “All Star” from the movie “Shrek.”
• StellaRising of Charlotte, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
• The Southern Gothic of Nashville, Tennessee, 5-6 p.m.
• Livehouse of Salisbury, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
• Smash Mouth, 8-10 p.m.
The festival will feature a variety of local street performers, known as buskers, including Blazin’ Blues Bob, Lucas Beam, David Myers and Courtney Puckett, Kia Rice, Zoe and Lisette Rodriguez.
Food vendors from across the Carolinas; many will also offer Cheerwine-infused dishes, such as:
• Cheerwine float popsicles by King of Pops.
• Barbecue Cheerwine tacos by El Patron.
• Cheerwine funnel cakes with Cheerwine icing by Beaver Food Service.
• Cheerwine lattes, frappuccinos and waffles by Mean Mug Coffee Co.
• Cheerwine-infused cherries by Cherry on Top.
Festival-goers can enjoy the “Taste of the Carolinas” compliments of Food Lion. Participating brands include:
• Cheerwine hushpuppies by House-Autry.
• Cheerwine floats by Mooresville Ice Cream.
• Cheerwine barbecue sauce by Cackalacky.
• Fresh baked biscuits by Renwood Mills.
The Cheerwine Festival will boast a beer garden with eight Carolina craft breweries. Several breweries will offer Cheerwine specialty beers, including:
• New Sarum Brewing Co. will serve Cheerwine Lager, a classic American Pilsner with Cheerwine.
• Bull City Ciderworks will offer Cheerwine Cider, a hard cider infused with Cheerwine.
• Morgan Ridge Brewery & Eatery will serve Cheer Beer, a blonde ale blended with Cheerwine.
Other activities include:
• Noon-6 p.m., Cheerwine will host its first scavenger hunt, with fans searching for clues all over downtown for a chance to win prizes. To participate, visit the Cheerwine Fan Club tent at the festival.
• Cheerwine history will be featured at the Rowan Museum from noon-5 p.m. Back for the first time since the brand’s centennial celebration in 2017, the museum’s free Cheerwine exhibit will take fans on a walk through the soft drink’s last 102 years.
• The F&M Bank Kids’ Zone, open all day, will feature family-friendly games and activities such as rock-climbing and bounce houses.
• Cheerwine merchandise and craft items will be available for purchase, including Cheerwine-branded pet beds, Cheerwine-inspired jewelry, handmade bath bombs and candles.
For more information about the Cheerwine Festival, visit http://cheerwinefest.com
Submitted Courtney Long received her BFA from West Virginia University; on two separate study abroad trips she studied traditional stoneware... read more