• 77°

Novant Health participates in National Drug Take-Back Day

Novant Health will participate in a biannual National Drug Take-Back Day on Saturday, when the public is encouraged to drop off unused or expired prescription medications at one of several locations.

According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, only 17 percent of misused medications come from a provider-written prescription, meaning the remaining 83 percent are from prescriptions for a friend or relative, from a drug dealer or from another source.

It is unlawful for controlled-substance prescriptions to be transferred to someone other than the patient for whom it was prescribed, and doing so may cause harm.

The Take-Back Day is an opportunity for the community to help prevent drug addiction and overdose deaths.

Hours will be 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Salisbury, in the lobby of the retail pharmacy at 911 W. Henderson St., Suite L20.

The following are other take-back locations in the region:

• Winston-Salem: 255 Charlois Blvd.; 3333 Silas Creek Parkway, pharmacy lobby.

• Charlotte: 200 Hawthorne Lane, pharmacy lobby.

 

For people who can’t participate in National Drug Take-Back Day, Novant Health also offers collection receptacles year-round at Novant pharmacies in the following locations:

• Rowan Medical Center, 612 Mocksville Ave., Salisbury.

• Forsyth Medical Center, 3333 Silas Creek Parkway, Winston-Salem.

• Presbyterian Medical Center, 200 Hawthorne Lane, Charlotte.

• Winston-Salem Health Care, 250 Charlois Blvd., Winston-Salem.

• Mountainview Medical, 216 Moore Road, King.                                                  

• Thomasville Medical Center, 207 Old Lexington Road, Thomasville.

 

Comments

Coronavirus

As COVID-19 cases wane, vaccine-lagging areas still at risk

Crime

Blotter: Man faces litany of charges for fleeing sheriff’s deputies

Granite Quarry

‘Race to the Dan’ brings Revolutionary War back to Rowan

Local

‘Unity in the Community’ event brings together Salisbury Police, NAACP

BREAKING NEWS

One killed, two others shot on South Jackson Street in Salisbury

Crime

State examining Davidson County emergency alert received in Rowan, other counties

Local

Cleveland Rodeo packs house for 10th year

News

Salisbury’s Jacques Belliveau talks mental health, filming during premiere of ‘Reggie: A Millennial Depression Comedy’

News

Sen. Ford backs new set of election-related bills

Business

Downtown Salisbury bullish on potential for more residential space

Business

Biz Roundup: Wine about Winter set for June 18

Business

Local artists draw in adventurous travelers with eclectic Airbnb rental downtown

Education

Commissioners discussing reviving joint capital project committee with school board

Business

Beech-Nut Stage One cereal recalled

Lifestyle

‘All Critters Big and Small’ program coming to library

Kannapolis

Area Sports Briefs: Former A.L. Brown standout Cambrea Sturgis wins two sprint events

Education

RSS administration to recommend return to five-day school week

College

Baseball notebook: Wingate wins national championship; high schools set sights on playoffs

Local

Gene Seaford gets fifth career ace at age 90

Education

Livingstone seeking nominees for inaugural ‘Forty Under 40’ Society

Business

‘Stopping that cycle’: Edman named director of Prevent Child Abuse Rowan

Nation/World

Biden urges G-7 leaders to call out and compete with China

Nation/World

Rash of mass shootings stirs US fears heading into summer

Landis

Landis town staff, Duke Energy work through the night to fix major power outage