• 45°

Rowan weather: Hot for April

Today could be the warmest day of the year, so far. It will be mostly sunny and 85, with west southwest wind this afternoon around 5-7 mph.

Tonight will be clear and 57, with south southwest wind around 5 mph calming.

Thursday will be partly sunny and 82, with more southwest wind in the afternoon, around 5-7 mph. Thursday night will be mostly cloudy and 61, with south southwest wind around 6 mph. A 40% chance of showers is possible before 11 p.m., followed by rain. Less than a tenth of an inch is expected.

Friday has a 70 percent chance of rain and storms. It will be mostly cloudy and 72. Rain is likely before 2 p.m., followed by showers and thunderstorms later. Friday night’s chance of rain is 30 percent, mainly before 7 p.m. It will be partly cloudy and 50.

Saturday will be sunny and 74. The low will be 53, with partly cloudy skies.

Sunday will be mostly sunny and 78, with a low of 53 again.

Monday should be sunny and 77, with a low of 56 and partly cloudy skies.

Tuesday will be mostly sunny and 80.

Comments

Local

City officials differ on how, what information should be released regarding viral K-9 officer video

High School

High school basketball: Carson girls are 3A champions

Lifestyle

High school, college sweethearts marry nearly 50 years later

Local

With jury trials set to resume, impact of COVID-19 on process looms

Legion baseball

Book explores life of Pfeiffer baseball coach Joe Ferebee

Education

Rowan-Salisbury Board of Education to receive update on competency-based education

Business

Biz Roundup: Kannapolis expects to see economic, housing growth continue in 2021

Business

A fixture of downtown Salisbury’s shopping scene, Caniche celebrates 15th anniversary this month

Local

Slate of new officers during local GOP convention; Rev. Jenkins becomes new chair

Landis

Landis officials narrow search for new manager to five candidates; expect decision within a month

Lifestyle

Together at last: High school, college sweethearts marry nearly 50 years later

Education

Rowan-Salisbury Schools sorts out transportation logistics in preparation for full-time return to classes

High School

Photo gallery: Carson goes undefeated, wins 3A state championship

Nation/World

Europe staggers as infectious variants power virus surge

Nation/World

Biden, Democrats prevail as Senate OKs $1.9 trillion virus relief bill

Nation/World

Senate Democrats strike deal on jobless aid, move relief bill closer to approval

News

Duke Life Flight pilot may have shut down wrong engine in fatal crash

News

Two NC counties get to participate in satellite internet pilot for students

Local

PETA protesters gather in front of police department

Coronavirus

UPDATED: Eight new COVID-19 deaths, 203 positives reported in county this week

Crime

Sheriff’s office: Two charged after suitcase of marijuana found in Jeep

Crime

Thomasville officer hospitalized after chase that started in Rowan County

Local

Board of elections discusses upgrading voting machines, making precinct changes

News

Lawmakers finalize how state will spend COVID-19 funds