Local archery, outdoor business a victim of fraud
Published 5:08 pm Wednesday, April 24, 2019
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office is investigating an incident in which a man bought two crossbows from a local business through fraudulent means.
On April 19, officials said, a man completed the fraudulent transaction at Grafton Archery & Outdoors, located at 1700 N. Main St. in China Grove. The transaction was for Ravin R-26 and Ravin R-29 crossbows.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Ollie Greene at 704-216-8686 or CrimeStoppers at 866-639-5245.
In other Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports
• A man reported on Monday someone stole his television from the 100 block of Grace Church Road.
• A woman reported an assault Monday in the 3600 block of Old Mocksville Road.
• Kenneth Thomas Carroll, 45, was charged Monday with misdemeanor assault on a female at the Rowan County Courthouse.
• Debra Ann Dougherty, 40, was charged Monday with misdemeanor larceny at the Rowan County jail.
• Branson Jimmy Cockrell, 21, was charged Monday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 3600 block of Old Mocksville Road.
In Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A man reported Tuesday that he was shot in the 500 block of Holmes Street. He was under hospital care, and police said he was uncooperative.
• A woman reported Tuesday that someone stole a license plate from her vehicle while it was parked in the 500 block of Maupin Avenue.
• A woman reported an assault Wednesday in the 1200 block of North Main Street.
• A man reported Wednesday he was robbed outside his home in the 500 block of East Fisher Street.
• Patrick Michael McGlothlin, 33, was charged Sunday with felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule III in the 200 block of North Long Street.