• 61°

Rowan weather: In the 80s and sunny

Time for short sleeves and sandals. The high today will be 83, with sunny skies. Winds will be south southwest at 5-9 mph this afternoon.

Tonight will be partly cloudy and 59, with south southwest wind around 6 mph calming.

Wednesday will be mostly sunny and 82, with west wind at 5-7 mph in the morning. The low will be 57 with partly cloudy skies and light and variable wind.

Thursday will be partly sunny and 82, with south southwest wind around 5 mph in the afternoon. A 40% chance of showers is possible Thursday night, with a low of 63. Thunderstorms are possible around 5 a.m.

Friday will have a 70% chance of showers and thunderstorms. It will be mostly cloudy and 72. Thunderstorms are more likely in the afternoon, with showers in the evening. The chance of showers drops to 30 percent Friday night, mostly before 7 p.m. It will be partly cloudy and 51.

The weekend looks great. Saturday will be sunny and 73, with a low of 52.

Sunday will be mostly sunny and 78 with a low of 56.

Monday will be mostly sunny again, with a high of 80.

Comments

Ask Us

Ask Us: When will North Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue be resurfaced?

Local

Political Notebook: Rowan’s lawmakers pass 140 bills into the opposite chamber before deadline

Local

Police chief to present use of force policy; city manager to present 2021-22 budget

Crime

Botter: Rockwell man arrested on charges of felony larceny, possession of stolen vehicle

Coronavirus

CDC director says mask turnaround based solely on science

News

Catawba College hosts three in-person commencement ceremonies

Local

With high case loads causing numerous staff departures, Child Protective Services seeks more positions

Education

Livingstone College graduates celebrate ‘crossing the finish line’ during commencement celebration

Coronavirus

Rowan sees 4 new COVID-19 deaths as mask mandate lifted, vaccines administered continue decline

Local

Spencer is latest town updating its development ordinance

Local

Salisbury native Kristy Woodson Harvey makes NY Times bestseller list

Local

Board of Commissioners will convene for third time in May

Business

Biz Roundup: Salisbury, Kannapolis among recipients of Region of Excellence Awards

Local

Cheerleading team competes at Disney

Education

Salisbury High to celebrate football, swimming champions with parade

High School

High school girls soccer: Isley, Webb lead all-county team

Local

Spencer awarded $10,000 to develop trails at Stanback Forest

Books

‘Tails and Tales’ coming to library this summer

Local

Public Records: March Deeds

Entertainment

Salisbury Symphony’s ‘Return to the Concert Hall’ available May 24-31

Coronavirus

Salisbury teen becomes one of first in age group to receive COVID-19 vaccine

Business

Local farm and creamery poised to add goat yoga, artisan goat cheese to offerings

Local

Pandemic’s impact, uncertainty of transit funding prompt request to eliminate Rowan Express service

Lifestyle

New Waterworks’ exhibit opens June 1