Blotter: Woman uses fake money to make purchases at vape shop, Chick-fil-A
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — A Rockwell woman was charged on Friday with using counterfeit money at a local vape shop and other businesses. According to arrest warrants, the woman made purchases in January and February.
The Salisbury Police charged Korie Nicole Hargraves, 23, was charged with six counts of felony obtaining property by false pretenses, felony possession of 5+ counterfeit instruments and two counts of felony attempted obtaining property by false pretenses.
Warrants show Hargraves tried to pass a counterfeit $100 at Chick-fil-A on Feb. 9, a fake $100 at Advance Auto Parts on Jake Alexander Boulevard, fake multiple $20 at Vape It Up on Klumac Road on Jan. 26. She was in possession of a number of counterfeit $20 bills.
She has since been released from the Rowan County Detention Center under a $5,000 secured bond.
In other reports
• Antoine A. Holmes was charged on Saturday with misdemeanor resist, obstruct, delay an officer; two counts of felony possession of a firearm by a felon, felony fleeing to elude arrest with a motor vehicle, misdemeanor discharging a firearm inside city limits. An incident occurred at Clancy Hills Apartment complex where he damaged a vehicle and then took police on a foot chase after failing to stop a vehicle. Police said he discharged a 9mm handgun in the 1200 block of Old Plank Road.
• Michael Dean Hargett, 29, was charged on Thursday with felony obtaining property by false pretenses, felony breaking and entering, felony larceny after breaking and entering. He pawned a stolen chainsaw to Pearls Pawn and Gun on April 1.
• Brittney Hulon, 32, was charged with felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a Schedule II controlled substance. She was in possession of 17.98 grams of methamphetamine and given a $5,000 secured bond.
• Guadalupe Camacho Guerrero, 38, was charged on Friday with felony statutory rape/sex offense. The victim was 15 years old at the time of the offense, which was between Feb. 1, 2009, and March 3, 2009. He was also charged with misdemeanor resist, obstruct, delay an officer.
• Bristol Cheyenne Milam, 25, was charged on Saturday with felony possession of methamphetamine, felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a Schedule II controlled substance, misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia, misdemeanor simple possession of a Schedule III controlled substance, felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a Schedule III controlled substance, felony possession of a Schedule II controlled substance, felony possession with intent to manufacture sell and deliver a Schedule VI controlled substance, misdemeanor simple possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance. She was in possession of two grams of meth, plastic bags, digital scale, syringe, glass smoking pipe, cocaine and marijuana.
• Shelley Larae Evans, 39, was charged on Saturday with misdemeanor financial card fraud and felony financial card theft. A card was issued to P&B Transportation as a gas card and she was not an authorized user.
SALISBURY — The Salisbury Police Department is investigating a Saturday shooting in which one man was shot multiple times and... read more