Blotter: Pair charged with breaking into home
SALISBURY — A Rockwell couple is charged with breaking into a home they claimed to have had permission to enter.
The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office charged Jennifer Louise Hotchkiss, 31, and Timothy David Baker, 33, with misdemeanor breaking and entering.
A neighbor who lives on Andrews Ford Road said the homeowner, Brandon Jackson, asked him to look out for the place while Jackson and his girlfriend, Madeline Hotchkiss, were away.
The neighbor confronted two people, later identified as the Jennifer Hotchkiss, the mother of Madeline Hotchkiss, and Baker. Jennifer Hotchkiss was seen pushing up against the front door trying to enter the home, a report said.
The neighbor saw her go to the back of the house to gain access, according to the report. She told the neighbor that Madeline was her daughter and she had permission to be there.
When law officers arrived, Jennifer Hotchkiss told them she forgot something in her daughter’s house and didn’t have a key to get ine. She said she’d gone to the house at least three times. She said she entered through a window that had already been broken by her daughter’s dog.
Madeline Hotchkiss later told authorities her mother did not have permission to be in her home and that the window was only cracked.
Jennifer Hotchkiss and Baker were held on $2,000 secured bond each
In other Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports
• Pearls Pawn & Gun reported fraud Sunday in the 1500 block of North Main Street, China Grove.
• Duke Energy reported a burglary Sunday in the 700 block of East Ritchie Road.
• A man reported a larceny Sunday in the 1300 block of Country Hill Drive.
• A woman reported a burglary Sunday in the 300 block of Crawford Drive.
• A man reported Monday he was the victim of a knife assault in the 600 block of Baker Mill Road, Cleveland.
• A man reported Monday that someone stole items from his vehicle in the 3300 block of Cauble Road.
• Utility Line Construction reported a vehicle theft Monday in the 700 block of East Ritchie Road.
• A man reported a stolen vehicle Monday in the 300 block of Cantiberry Drive.
• A man reported fraud Tuesday at the Sheriff’s Office.
• A woman reported Tuesday that someone stole items from her vehicle while it was parked in the 2100 block Grace Church Road.
• Honey Baked Ham reported that someone stole items from a vehicle in the parking 120 Summit Park Drive.
• A man reported on Tuesday someone broke into his vehicle while it was parked in the 5600 block of Old Mocksville Road.
In Salisbury Police Department reports
• A woman reported Tuesday that someone tried to break into her vehicle while parked in the 700 block of Hill Street.
• Enterprise reported Tuesday that a vehicle was stolen between March 2 and March 5 at the business, 315 Bendix Drive.