Blotter: Nursing assistant charged with assault on veteran
Published 6:45 pm Tuesday, April 16, 2019
SALISBURY — A nursing assistant at the North Carolina State Veterans Home, located on the campus of Hefner VA Medical Center, has been charged with assaulting a handicapped veteran, police officials said.
The Salisbury Police Department charged Wilhelmina Karnley Fahn, 52, with the misdemeanor offense. She gave a written promise to appear in court.
The veteran, 91, was flicked on the ear April 14, according to the report. Two other employees witnessed the incident, a report said.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports
• Someone kicked dents in the cabinet of a commercial washing machine at Lakewood Apartments, 500 Lakewood Drive.
• McDonald’s reported Friday that someone tried to use movie money for a purchase at the restaurant, 704 E. Innes St.
• Pizza Hut reported Friday that an employee stole money from the restaurant, 1030 E. Innes St.
• A woman reported a larceny Friday at her home in the 700 block of Julian Road.
• A woman reported a vehicle break-in Saturday in the 400 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• A man reported on Saturday his vehicle was stolen from Westridge Place Apartments, 290 Claymont Drive.
• A man reported on Saturday his unlocked vehicle was entered and $15 was taken while parked in the 200 block of Ferndale Drive.
• A woman reported vandalism Saturday in the 600 block of West Marsh Street.
• A woman reported Saturday that she was stabbed after getting into a vehicle with people she didn’t know well and getting into an argument with one of them in the 700 block of Victory Street.
• A suspect fled in a vehicle after an attempted traffic stop. Officers found drugs on the suspect in the 800 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard and Brenner Avenue.
• A woman reported a home break-in Sunday in the 600 block of West Marsh Street.
• A woman reported Sunday that someone took items from her unlocked vehicle overnight in the 200 block of South Merritt Avenue.
• A woman reported an attempted home break-in Sunday in the 700 block of Victory Street.
• Police responded Sunday to a report of shots fired call in the area of North Long and Kenly streets.
• A woman reported Monday that someone stole items from her vehicle while it was parked at the UPS Shipping store, 475 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
• A man reported credit card fraud Monday in the 200 block of Faith Road.
• A woman reported a burglary Monday in the 1200 block of North Church Street.
• Anthony Jerome Finger, 49, was charged Friday with misdemeanor communicating threats.
• Richard Franklin Muttz, 37, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia in the 200 block of North Railroad and East Henderson streets.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.