Blotter: Teen charged after drive-by West Horah Street shooting
SALISBURY — A Salisbury man was behind bars Wednesday after he was identified as the person who fired shots into a car full of people Tuesday evening.
No one was injured in the drive-by shooting, which occurred on West Horah Street near Brenner Avenue.
The Salisbury Police Department charged Laquerius Markese Martin, 19, of the 1000 block of South Main Street, with felony discharging a firearm into an occupied property. He remains in the Rowan County Detention Center under a $75,000 secured bond.
The victim said the back of her car was struck by gunfire. Officers said a rear passenger-side window was hit. There were three adults and a juvenile in the car.
Police say Martin was found at nearby Zion Hills apartment complex. He didn’t resist arrest and was identified by the victims as the person who fired on them.
Police officials said the motive is not clear. The shooting is still under investigation.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A woman reported Tuesday that someone entered her unlocked vehicle while it wasparked in the 600 block of Colby Circle.
• A man reported Tuesday that his vehicle was unlocked and someone stole belongings from inside in the 600 block of Hamilton Drive.
• Catawba College reported Tuesday that a couch was stolen from the gym in the 2200 block of Yost Street.
• A woman reported Tuesday that someone stole money from her vehicle in the 300 block of South Merritt Avenue.
• A man reported Tuesday that someone stole items from his unlocked vehicle while it was parked in the 700 block of Hamilton Drive.
• A woman reported Tuesday that her vehicle was unlocked and someone stole belongings in the 100 block of Henry Laurens Circle.
• A woman reported Tuesday that someone got into her unlocked vehicle and stole items while it was parked in the 700 block of Hamilton Drive.
• A woman reported an assault Tuesday in the 200 block of Castlewood Drive.
• A woman reported fraud Wednesday in the 2100 block of Executive Drive.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A man reported Monday that someone went through a number of cars in the 7500 block of U.S. 52.
• A woman reported a break-in Monday in the 100 block of Tammy Road.
• A woman reported a break-in Monday in the 200 block of Clark Road.
• Nathaniel Alexander Neri, 37, was charged Monday with misdemeanor assault on a female at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.