• 50°

Rowan weather: Still a chance of snow

We might see some snow today, but it’s not going to stick around because the ground is too warm.

We have a 50 percent chance of precipitation, with a chance of rain and snow before noon, then rain between noon and 3 p.m. It will be mostly cloudy with a high of 49 and north wind at 3-7 mph.

Tonight will be mostly clear and cold, with a low of 34 and light wind.

Wednesday is going to be sunny and 67, with west wind at 5-7 mph. Wednesday night will be mostly clear and not as cold, with a low of 42 and light south southwest wind.

Thursday will be mostly sunny and 71. Winds will be calm in the morning, then become south at 5-9 mph in the afternoon. Another 50 percent chance of showers moves in Thursday night, with most of the rain after 11 p.m. It will be mostly cloudy and 50.

Friday has a 70 percent chance of showers, mainly before 2 p.m. It will be cloudy and 66. The chance of showers goes down to 30 percent before 1 a.m. It will be mostly cloudy with a low of 53.

Saturday looks great, partly sunny and 74. The low will be 54, with mostly cloudy skies.

Sunday brings a 30 percent chance of thunderstorms, but it will be partly sunny and 77. The chance of showers and storms increases to 40 percent Sunday night. It will be mostly cloudy and 58.

Monday will have a 60 percent chance of showers. It will be mostly cloudy and 77.

Comments

Crime

Salisbury, Kannapolis men charged with soliciting sexual acts

News

Racial bias ‘deeply entrenched’ in report critical of Apex Police Department

Nation/World

US bombs facilities in Syria used by Iran-backed militia

Elections

City council again dismisses idea of adding new member, focus now on recommendation to delay elections

Business

‘Let’s make some money:’ Loosened restrictions praised by bar owners, baseball team

High School

Salisbury High bucks historical trend in dominant shutout of West Rowan

Enochville

Garage declared total loss after Enochville fire

Crime

Cooper, N.C. prison officials agree to release 3,500 inmates

Coronavirus

Two more COVID-19 deaths reported in Rowan, six for the week

Crime

Blotter: Man brandishes AR-15, runs over motorcycle at Rockwell-area gas station

Crime

Salisbury man charged with exploitation of minor

Crime

Road rage incident results in assault charges

Local

Dukeville lead testing results trickle in, more participation needed

Education

Faith Academy interviewing staff, preparing site for fall opening

News

Volunteers work around obstacles, alter procedures to offer free tax services to those in need

Education

Education shoutouts

Local

Retired Marine gets recognition for toy collection efforts

Local

March issue of Salisbury the Magazine is now available

Education

Five get Dunbar School Heritage Scholarships

Education

Education briefs: Salisbury Academy fourth-graders think big as inventors

Education

Bakari Sellers keynote speaker at Livingstone College Founder’s Day program

Nation/World

Biden aims to distribute masks to millions in ‘equity’ push

Nation/World

Chief: Capitol Police were warned of violence before riot

Nation/World

GOP rallies solidly against Democrats’ virus relief package