Blotter: Deputies respond to disturbance; man charged with drug possession
Published 6:39 pm Monday, April 1, 2019
SALISBURY — A man who told deputies that he was assaulted by his cousin was arrested on drug charges.
The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office responded Thursday to a disturbance between two men, one of whom had a knife.
A deputy went to the 1400 block of Hurley School Road and found Tyler Austin Williams, 23, in the backyard of the property. The deputy was told that Williams had knives and searched him for weapons. Williams told the deputy he had a pill bottle in his pocket that contained marijuana. He had a second pill bottle in another pocket that contained pills.
The deputy also found a pocketknife in Williams’ pocket. Williams told the deputy he was assaulted by his cousin, but authorities noted in the arrest report that Williams had no visible injuries.
The deputy told Williams he could go to the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office and file a private warrant against his cousin.
Williams was charged with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance Schedule III; two counts of misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia; and an outstanding Iredell County warrant for misdemeanor failure to appear in court.
He has since been released from the Rowan County Detention Center under a $1,365 secured bond.
In another Rowan County Sheriff’s Office report:
• A woman reported Thursday she was the victim of credit card fraud in the 400 block of Spring Garden Avenue, Kannapolis.
In Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A group of teenagers was reported fighting in the 100 block of East 11th Street on Friday.
• A man reported vandalism Saturday in the 100 block of West Bank Street.
• A man reported Saturday that someone stole items from his vehicle parked in the 1200 block of Arden Road.
• A woman reported an assault Sunday in the 300 block of Lake Drive.
• Vandalism was vandalism Sunday in the 1000 block of Park Avenue.
• Phillip Clayton Howard, 29, was charged Saturday with assault inflicting serious injury on an officer in the 100 block of Mahaley Avenue.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.