Blotter: Woman caught trying to break into vehicle
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — A woman was charged with tampering with a vehicle after the owner said she saw her inside it.
The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office issued a citation to Robin Hall Manes, 44, for misdemeanor tampering with a vehicle with intent to steal it.
The owner said that on Thursday, she came upon a woman inside her Nissan Armada at her Large Avenue home in Rockwell. The woman said she asked Manes what she was doing and Manes dropped what was in her hands and got out of the car.
A deputy caught up with Manes at a gas station on U.S. 52. The deputy recognized Manes, who told the deputy she figured he was looking for her.
Manes told him she’d just come from her brother’s house. She went back to the Large Avenue home with him, and the victim identified Manes.
In late February, Manes was charged with calling 911 and saying she was Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and that her brother had stolen her heart out of her chest.
In other Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A man reported a break-in Thursday in the 1800 block of East Ridge Road.
• A woman reported Thursday that several outbuildings were broken into and items stolen in the 8700 block of Bringle Ferry Road.
• A woman reported credit fraud Thursday in the 3900 block of Goodman Lake Road.
• A man reported a stolen bike Thursday in the 300 block of Edgewood Drive, China Grove.
• Tristan Michael Beaver, 19, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance Schedule VI at Peeler Road and Furniture Drive.
• Jeruwon Majaric Mason, 21, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance Schedule VI at Peeler Road and Furniture Drive.
• Kristopher Steven Maldonado, 28, was charged Thursday with felony selling or delivering a controlled substance Schedule I at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
In Salisbury Police Department reports:
• Chik-fil-A reported Saturday that someone used a counterfeit bill at the restaurant, 902 E. Innes St.
• A woman reported Saturday that someone snatched her purse while she was at Food Lion, 525 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
• Robert William Gubert, 55, was charged Saturday with felony larceny at Walmart.
• Naquay Shakur Simpson, 21, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 500 block of East Innes Street.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.