• 68°

Rowan weather: Cold again today

Cold again this morning, with plenty of clouds, but the clouds should clear by this afternoon.

We’re starting off at the freezing mark, but we should have a high of 45, with west wind of 5-9 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight will be very cold, with a low of 22 and west northwest wind at 8-10 mph.

Wednesday will be sunny, but with a high of just 42. West wind will be at 6-9 mph. The low will be 24, with west wind calming in the evening.

Thursday will be mostly sunny and 50, with calm wind becoming southwest around 6 mph in the afternoon. Thursday night will be mostly cloudy and 35.

Friday brings a 50 percent chance of rain after 9 a.m. It will be cloudy and 50. The chance of rain goes down to 40 percent Friday night, with rain ending before 9 p.m. It will be mostly cloudy and 38.

Saturday will be mostly cloudy and 61. Saturday night, don’t forget to spring forward one hour for daylight saving time. It will be cloudy and 48, with a 50 percent chance of rain after 10 p.m.

Sunday will have a 70 percent chance of rain, with thunderstorms possible. It will be cloudy and 66. Sunday night has just a 30 percent chance of rain. It will be mostly cloudy and 45.

Monday will be mostly sunny and 54.

Comments

Crime

Cooper, N.C. prison officials agree to release 3,500 inmates

Coronavirus

Two more COVID-19 deaths reported in Rowan, six for the week

Crime

Blotter: Man brandishes AR-15, runs over motorcycle at Rockwell-area gas station

Crime

Salisbury man charged with exploitation of minor

Crime

Road rage incident results in assault charges

Local

Dukeville lead testing results trickle in, more participation needed

Education

Faith Academy interviewing staff, preparing site for fall opening

News

Volunteers work around obstacles, alter procedures to offer free tax services to those in need

Education

Education shoutouts

Local

Retired Marine gets recognition for toy collection efforts

Local

March issue of Salisbury the Magazine is now available

Education

Five get Dunbar School Heritage Scholarships

Education

Education briefs: Salisbury Academy fourth-graders think big as inventors

Education

Bakari Sellers keynote speaker at Livingstone College Founder’s Day program

Nation/World

Biden aims to distribute masks to millions in ‘equity’ push

Nation/World

Chief: Capitol Police were warned of violence before riot

Nation/World

GOP rallies solidly against Democrats’ virus relief package

Nation/World

FDA says single-dose shot from Johnson & Johnson prevents severe COVID

High School

Coaches, lawmakers react to governor’s order expanding sporting event capacity

Coronavirus

Three new COVID-19 deaths, positives remain below triple digits

BREAKING NEWS

Gov. Cooper announces end to curfew, changes to restrictions affecting bars, high school sports

Crime

Blotter: Two charged after call about package

Crime

Salisbury Police investigating two shootings

Crime

Chase involving Kernersville man ends in woods behind Carson High School