Blotter: Jailed man charged on 2018 drug sales to undercover officer
SALISBURY — A local man already jailed in the Rowan County Detention Center has been charged with felony drug possession after he sold drugs to an undercover officer in March 2018, authorities say.
Officials were awaiting test results on the drugs from the state crime lab.
The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office on Monday charged Ray Allen Glen Spry, 35, with felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a controlled substance Schedule II and possession of drug paraphernalia. Spry was in jail on a charge of failure to appear in court.
Officials said on March 8, 2018, an undercover officer bought drugs at a location on Jake Alexander Boulevard. Authorities were waiting to confirm what the substance was. On Monday, they received lab results identifying it as heroin.
Spry remains in the Rowan County jail under $53,000 secured bond.
In other Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• Counterfeit money was found in the Rowan County Detention Center.
• Larry Misenheimer, a registered sex offender, failed to notify the Sheriff’s Office of an online account within 10 business days
• A man on Monday said someone tried to obtain a line of credit in his name in the 200 block of Aviation Lane, Gold Hill.
• A woman reported an assault Monday in the 100 block of Vine Arden Drive.
• A man reported Monday that someone stole a skid steer loader and a bucket in the 7000 block of U.S. 601.
• A student brought a knife to school Monday at Morgan Elementary School, 3860 Liberty Road, Gold Hill.
• A woman reported Monday that her license plate was stolen off her vehicle in the 74000 block of North Interstate 85.
• Gaybrielle Ciara Hinson, 23, was charged Monday with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia at the Rowan County Detention Center.
• Zackery Clyde Patterson, 26, was charged Monday with fraud at the Rowan County jail.
• Larry Junior Misenheimer, 36, was charged Monday with use of social website at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Robert Dean Rainey, 45, was charged Monday with felony possession of a weapon by a felon at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Christian David Bost, 20, was charged Monday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance Schedule VI at North Enochville Avenue and Enochville School Road, China Grove.
• Sage Michael Malik Jefferson, 18, was charged Monday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance Schedule VI in the 300 block of Circle M Drive.
A Cleveland man already in jail for the January murder of Lakyn Jade Bailey during a drug deal has been... read more