Blotter: Thief steals equipment from Perdue Grain
By Shavonne Walker
CLEVELAND — Rowan County Sheriff’s investigators are looking into who stole small equipment from an outbuilding from Perdue Grain. An employee spotted a man leave the building and get into a pickup.
The incident occurred Friday around 8 p.m. at the Cleveland plant located at 9150 Statesville Blvd. Officials checked the metal outbuilding and discovered a pressure washer valued at $50 taken, a drill valued at $20 and charger, also valued at $20 were taken. The metal structure is attached to the back of an office. No arrest has been made.
In other Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• F&M Bank reported on Friday the bank was the victim of fraud at its Granite Quarry location, 138 N. Salisbury Ave.
• A man and woman were charged with trespassing and possession of drug paraphernalia in the 300 block of Leach Road.
• A man reported on Friday a male student refused to leave Erwin Middle School, assaulted the school’s intervention specialist and disrupted the school, located at 170 St. Luke’s Church Road.
• A man reported on Friday his mo-ped was stolen from the 1100 block of Safrit Road.
• A man reported on Saturday someone stole items from a new construction home in the 3000 block of Panther Creek Road.
• A man reported on Saturday several mailboxes at the intersection of Tanner and Shaver roads were damaged in Richfield.
• A woman reported on Saturday a business was robbed in the 2000 block of West C Street, Kannapolis.
• A man reported on Saturday a larceny occurred in the 200 block of Grants Creek Road.
• A woman reported on Saturday an assault previously occurred at the Rowan County jail annex on Friday.
• A Rowan County resident was in possession of illegal drugs and paraphernalia in the 10500 block of Old Beatty Ford Road, Rockwell.
• A woman reported on Sunday someone stole items from her vehicle in the 2100 block of Oddie Road.
• A man reported on Sunday someone broke into his home in the 600 block of Price Road.
• Two Rowan County residents were charged with possession of methamphetamine and paraphernalia in the 100 block of Pleasant Village Lane, China Grove.
• A woman reported on Sunday someone forced their way into her home and took items in the 700 block of Eastview Road.
• A woman reported on Sunday someone stole her firearm from the 6300 block of Long Branch Road.
• Justin Leo Gustaitis, 29, and Mary Leanne Pollard, 37, were charged on Friday each with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia in the 300 block of Leach Road.
• Michelle Huff Beamer, 52, was charged on Friday with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia in the 6000 block of Foster Road, Woodleaf.
• Kaundre Tyree McKilian, 25, was charged on Friday with felony possession of a stolen vehicle while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Juda Nathanael Safrit, 23, was charged on Friday with felony breaking and entering while at the Rowan County jail annex.
• Brandon Daily Andrews, 32, and Patricia Lynn Andrews, 33, were each charged on Saturday with misdemeanor child abuse while in the 8100 block of Karriker Road, Kannapolis.
• Robin Hall Manes, 44, was charged on Saturday with misdemeanor misuse of 911 emergency telephone system while in the 8200 block of U.S. 52, Rockwell.
• Timothy Wayne Plott, 52, was charged on Saturday with misdemeanor breaking and entering in the 7300 block of Unity Church Road, Kannapolis.
• Eric Brandon Howell, 27, was charged on Saturday with misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon while at the Rowan County jail.
• Don Rovelle Abernethy, 65, was charged on Sunday with misdemeanor simple assault while in the 6700 block of Old Concord Road.
• Christopher Lee McCrary, 25, was charged on Sunday with misdemeanor aiding and abetting while at Novant Health Rowan Medical Center.
• Renes Day, 52, was charged on Sunday with felony obtaining property by false pretenses while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Trishia Kathleen Bassett, 40, and Eric Shawn Connell, 49, were each charged on Sunday with felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule II while in the 100 block of Pleasant Village Lane, China Grove.
• Alexx Lynn Sousa, 26, was charged on Sunday with misdemeanor breaking and entering a building while in the 10500 block of Old Beatty Ford Road, Rockwell.
In Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A woman reported on Monday someone vandalized her window at her residence in the 700 block of S. Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue.
• A man reported on Monday his car was vandalized in the 500 block of East Lafayette Street.
• D’s Auto Care reported on Monday the business was the victim of fraud by false pretenses that occurred sometime between Saturday and Monday while in the 900 block of Rowan Avenue.
• A woman reported on Monday someone used her vehicle without her permission from the 1200 block of West Fisher Street.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.