• 36°

Rowan weather: Sunny and breezy

Today will be another windy one, but the sun is out and the high will be 58. Winds will be from the west northwest at 8-14 mph, with gusts around 28 mph.

Tonight will be mostly clear and cold, with a low of 31 and west wind around 5 mph calming in the evening.

Tuesday will be sunny and 62, with south southwest wind at 5-8 mph. The low will be 38, with a 30 percent chance of showers, mainly after 4 a.m.

Wednesday will be mostly cloudy and 54, with a 40 percent chance of showers. Winds will be east northeast at 6 mph in the afternoon. Wednesday night will have a 20 percent chance of showers. It will be mostly cloudy and 41.

Thursday will be mostly cloudy, with a high of 63. Thursday night will have a 60 percent chance of rain, mainly between 7 p.m. and midnight. It will be cloudy and 46.

Friday will be mostly cloudy and 61, with a 40 percent chance of rain before 2 p.m., then a chance of showers. The chance of rain increases to 60 percent Friday night, which will be cloudy and 50.

Saturday will be mostly cloudy at 65, with a 40 percent chance of showers. The low will be 33, with partly cloudy skies.

Sunday should be mostly sunny and 49.

Comments

News

Nesting no more: Eagles appear to have moved on from Duke’s Buck Station

Business

The Smoke Pit leaving downtown Salisbury for standalone building on Faith Road

Education

Shoutouts

High School

High school football: Hornets’ Gaither set the tone against West

Local

Salisbury to show off new fire station

Education

Livingstone College to host virtual Big Read events this month

Local

City makes some appointments to local boards, holds off on others to seek women, appointees of color

Education

Education briefs: RCCC instructor honored by Occupational Therapy Association

Local

Second quarter financial update shows promising outlook for city’s budget

Columnists

Genia Woods: Let’s talk about good news in Salisbury

Local

City attorney will gather more information for Salisbury nondiscrimination ordinance

Education

North Hills planning to hold May fundraiser in person

East Spencer

Developers aim to transform former Dunbar School site into multi-purpose community development

Education

Knox student organizing event to get community cycling

Education

Decision on Essie Mae charter appeal expected Thursday

Nation/World

House passes sweeping voting rights bill over GOP opposition

Nation/World

Police uncover ‘possible plot’ by militia to breach Capitol

Nation/World

States rapidly expanding vaccine access as supplies surge

News

North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper receives COVID-19 vaccine

News

North Carolina health officials urge schools to reopen

Crime

In letter, PETA criticizes Salisbury Police for K-9 video

Coronavirus

Three deaths, 29 new COVID-19 positives reported

Crime

Blotter: Bullet holes found in woman’s Park Avenue apartment

Crime

Man faces assault charges for domestic incident