Many planned road closures postponed because of weather
Published 10:03 am Monday, February 25, 2019
Because of the wet weather this past week and the forecast for rain this weekend, the N.C. Department of Transportation has delayed several planned road projects in the area.
Contractors were not able to install signs necessary for closing Union Church Road. The closure date was pushed to March 4.
The original dates for the road closings were posted here.
Other updated closures are:
• Fish Pond Road, March 4-8.
• Scercy Road first closure, today through Thursday.
• Scercy Road second closure, Thursday through March 1.
• Emanuel Church Road, Feb. 26.
• Pop Basinger Road, closed Monday. Broken pavement will remain until it can be patched.
The DOT closed part of Stokes Ferry Road for bridge maintenance starting Monday.
Crews must repair beams for the bridge where the road crosses a small section of High Rock Lake. The bridge is expected to reopen at 5 p.m. Friday.
A signed detour will follow Agner, Bringle Ferry, St. Matthews Church and Ribelin roads. Drivers should slow down near the work zone and anticipate delays.