Blotter: Rowan authorities charge Salisbury sex offender with being at Dan Nicholas Park
SALISBURY — A Salisbury sex offender who was found at Dan Nicholas Park has been charged with violating sentencing conditions.
The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office charged David Brandon Pope, 32, on Wednesday. He remains in the Rowan County jail under a $5,000 secured bond.
Pope was convicted of first-degree sex offense with a child under 13 in 2008 in Iredell County.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A woman reported Wednesday that someone used her Social Security number to file a false tax return in the 300 block of Talon Drive.
• Authorities found an inmate in possession of drugs at the Rowan County Detention Center.
• Nathan Rohl, a registered sex offender, failed to notify authorities of a change of address within three business days.
• RGS Waste Removal reported that an employee took money without authorization from the business at 6960 Goodman Lake Road.
• A man reported fraud Wednesday in the 800 block of Palmer Road, Rockwell.
• Keenen Isiah John Cowan, 21, was charged Wednesday with felony discharging a firearm into an occupied dwelling in the 100 block of Ohara Drive.
• Douglas James Upright, 56, was charged Wednesday with felony possession of stolen goods in the 10800 block of U.S. 52, Rockwell.
• Walter Lane Link, 55, was charged Wednesday with felony possession of stolen goods in the 11700 block of Old Beatty Ford Road, Rockwell.
• Caesarae Shewan Roseborough-Suber, 24, was charged Wednesday misdemeanor assault on a government official in the 2200 block of Seventh Street.
• Jason Howard Milam, 39, was charged Wednesday with felony being a habitual felon at the Rowan County Detention Center.
• Joshua Timothy Smith, 33, was charged Wednesday with felony possession of a controlled substance on jail premises.
• Mark Anthony Belik, 34, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia at Alexander Correctional Institution.
• Myra Elizabeth Burris, 50, was charged Wednesday with felony identity theft at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
In Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A man reported an assault Wednesday in the 600 block of Statesville Boulevard.
• CVS Pharmacy reported Wednesday that a fraudulent prescription was presented at the store in the 1900 block of Statesville Boulevard.
• Walmart reported on Wednesday reported fraud between Jan. 25 and Wednesday.
• A woman reported a vehicle break-in Wednesday in the 500 block of South Main Street.
• Sincere Jai’veon Houston, 17, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor possession of a firearm by a minor at the Rowan County Detention Center.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.
During its meeting this week, the China Grove Rotary Club celebrated the 115th birthday of Rotary International with a program... read more