Blotter: Intoxicated Kannapolis man enters church, faces charges
By Shavonne Walker
KANNAPOLIS – A Kannapolis man faces misdemeanor and felony charges after he walked into a church intoxicated and caused a disturbance, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
The Kannapolis Police Department on Sunday charged Milton Lowe, 59, of the 700 block of Jack Street, with felony fleeing to elude arrest in a motor vehicle; misdemeanor resisting or obstructing an officer; and misdemeanor disorderly conduct.
According to arrest warrants, Lowe walked into Lakewood Baptist Church during a service and appeared to be intoxicated. He touched his former wife and had to be restrained by church members, a report said.
When approached by law officers, Lowe refused to stop and refused to get out of his vehicle. The warrant said he left the area in a vehicle.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A woman on Thursday reported a larceny from a building in the 4300 block of Mount Hope Church Road in Salisbury.
• A man on Thursday said a firearm was stolen from a motor vehicle in the 600 block of Sam Euart Road in Rockwell.
• McKenzie Taxidermy Supplies on Thursday reported a larceny from a motor vehicle in the 1900 block of St. Luke’s Church Road, Salisbury.
• A woman reported the theft of two firearms Thursday in the 200 block of Cherokee Lane in Salisbury.
• Justin Lee Krimminger, 33, was charged Thursday with stealing firearms or dangerous weapons in the 500 block of Hickory Street in Landis.
• Tynisha Tylee Scott, 36, was charged Thursday with simple assault in the 2800 block of Enon Church Road in Salisbury.
• Taylor Andrew Evans, 23, was charged Thursday with larceny of a firearm in the 100 block of Liberty Street in Salisbury.
• Cynthia Mae Harkey, 32, of the 800 block of Wesley Drive, was charged Sunday with possession of a controlled substance on jail premises; possession of drug paraphernalia; and resisting or obstructing an officer. She had eight Xanax bars at the Rowan County Detention Center. She refused to put her hands behind her back when told to do so by officers. She also had a bag of crushed white pills and a syringe.
• Sherri Maria Brooks, 28, of the 4100 block of Third Creek Road, Cleveland, was charged Sunday with felony possession of methamphetamine and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia. She had meth inside a plastic bag. She was issued a $1,500 secured bond.
• Christal Leigh Binkley, 30, of the 14700 block of Cool Springs Road, Cleveland, was charged Sunday with felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a controlled substance Schedule II; felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a controlled substance Schedule III; and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia. She remains in the Rowan County jail under a $3,000 secured bond.
By Liz Moomey firstname.lastname@example.org LANDIS — With a State Bureau of Investigation probe of town finances underway, Deputy Police Chief... read more