Blotter: Passenger in vehicle charged with drug offense, served with assault arrest warrant
SALISBURY — Salisbury police officers served arrest warrants for drug offenses and assault on a local man who was a passenger in a vehicle that was pulled over.
Cody Ryan Bell, 25, was charged with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance Schedule III and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia. He was also served with warrants for assault on a female. At the time of the stop, he had suboxone in one of his pants pockets, a report said.
In 2017, Bell was convicted of larceny for stealing hundreds of dollars worth of meat from local grocery stores, then selling it he to buy drugs.
Bell has previous convictions for possession of cocaine, obtaining controlled substances by fraud, possession of drug paraphernalia and a couple of traffic infractions.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• Curtis Mouzon, 58, was charged Monday with misdemeanor defrauding an innkeeper at IHOP, 275 Bendix Drive.
• Sharren Mackenzie George, 16, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 600 block of South Shaver Street.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A man reported Monday that someone opened a cellphone account in his name without his permission in the 1600 block of Grace Church Road.
• A woman reported fraud Monday in the 2000 block of Statesville Boulevard.
• A man reported Monday that someone tried to break into his property in the 3100 block of Sides Road, Rockwell.
• A man reported a stolen paddleboat Monday in the 200 block of Yachtsman Drive.
• A man on Monday reported a break-in at his home in the 4500 block of Patterson Road, China Grove, while he was at work.
• Christopher Richard Stalcup, 37, was charged Monday with a misdemeanor violation of a domestic violence order at the Rowan County Courthouse.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.
SALISBURY — Fire investigators say two early Wednesday morning fires that occurred within minutes of each other and not far... read more