Blotter: Traffic stop leads to drug charges against China Grove teen
CHINA GROVE — A China Grove teenager who was a passenger in a stopped vehicle was issued a citation for a drug offense.
The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office on Tuesday cited Seth Cameron Purser, 18, of the 400 block of Cherish Lane, for misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.
The vehicle was pulled over for an expired license plate. Purser, the front-seat passenger, was cited for a seat belt violation. The deputy noted that his eyes looked glassy and he appeared nervous.
The deputy asked if there were any illegal substances in the vehicle. According to a department report, Purser admitted he had smoked marijuana. He said he had a marijuana glass smoking pipe at a nearby residence.
The officer seized the smoking pipe.
In other Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• An East Rowan High School student reported Tuesday that another student punched him while at the school.
• A man reported Tuesday that someone stole several items between Jan. 12 and Tuesday from an unlocked shed in the 7500 block of Pop Basinger Road, Rockwell.
• A man reported a stolen vehicle Tuesday in the 1300 block of Circle Drive, China Grove.
• A man reported Tuesday that someone stole a bicycle from behind a business in the 7100 block of East N.C. 152, Rockwell.
• Nazareth Children’s Home reported Tuesday a cellphone was stolen from the campus in the 1100 block of Children’s Circle, Rockwell.
• Nubia B. Flores, 51, was charged Tuesday with felony obtaining property by false pretenses while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Justin Jermaine Horton, 28, was charged Tuesday with being a habitual felon.
• Jose Antonio Bautista-Mejia, 45, was charged Tuesday with a federal probation violation in the 3300 block of Shue Road, Salisbury.
• Marcus Delmar Black, 35, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance Schedule VI in the 1600 block of Airport Road/Bayberry Drive.
• Nathan Ryan McGowan, 38, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance Schedule IV in the 900 block of West Main Street, Rockwell.
In Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A woman reported an assault Wednesday in the 700 block of Park Avenue.
• Timmy Edward Hailey, 58, was charged with misdemeanor assault on a female at Novant Health Rowan Medical Center.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.
SALISBURY — Some area residents say they heard a strange humming sound similar to that from a freight train late... read more