Police Blotter: East Spencer man charged with resisting arrest, other offenses after tossing crack pipe onto Walmart roof
SALISBURY — An East Spencer man was charged Sunday with resisting police and drug offenses after he tossed a crack pipe onto the roof of Walmart Supercenter, police said.
The Salisbury Police Department charged Terry Dewayne Mitchell, 47, of the 300 block of Moore Street, with misdemeanor resisting, obstructing or delaying an officer; misdemeanor larceny; misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia; and two counts of second-degree trespassing.
The store’s loss prevention team noticed Mitchell was concealing store merchandise, police reported. Mitchell had been banned from Walmart twice, so store employees called the police.
When officers arrived, a struggle ensued. Mitchell pulled a crack pipe from his pocket and tossed it onto the roof of Walmart. Officers contacted the Salisbury Fire Department, and a crew retrieved the pipe from the roof.
Mitchell remains in the Rowan County Detention Center under a $2,500 secured bond and an additional bond for nonpayment of child support.
In other Police Department reports:
• A woman reported Friday that items were stolen from her vehicle parked in the 900 block of West Henderson Street.
• A woman reported Saturday her vehicle was stolen while parked in the 1300 block of Tabernacle Street.
• A woman reported Saturday that someone tried to forcibly enter her property in the 200 block of Johnson Street.
• A man reported a larceny Saturday in the 300 block of Milford Hills Road.
• A woman reported a larceny Saturday in the 600 block of Roy Leazer Avenue.
• A man reported a burglary Sunday in the 400 block of Ackert Avenue.
• A man reported vandalism to property Sunday in the 200 block of South Link Avenue.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A man reported Thursday he was the victim of identity theft at Walmart between Nov. 14 and Thursday.
• A man reported a stolen moped Thursday in the 100 block of Susan Lane.
• A man reported a larceny Thursday in the 2300 block of Agner Road.
• A man reported a break-in Thursday in the 800 block of St. Andrews Church Road, Woodleaf.
• James Dale Gurley, 50, was charged Thursday with felony larceny of a motor vehicle in the 200 block of Phaniel Church Road, Rockwell.
• Tiffany Nicole James, 43, was charged Thursday with felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a controlled substance Schedule II in the 300 block of Four Lakes Drive, Cleveland.
• Robert Scott Harris, 48, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance Schedule VI in the 13500 block of U.S. 52, Rockwell.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.