Police Blotter: Salisbury man charged with marijuana possession
Published 10:37 pm Thursday, January 10, 2019
SALISBURY — A Salisbury man was charged with drug and weapons charges following a traffic stop. During the stop, the officer smelled marijuana and discovered individually packaged plastic bags.
Ahmad Tyrick Bates, 21, of the 700 block of South Merritt Avenue, Apartment A, was charged Wednesday with felony possession of a controlled substance with intent to manufacture a Schedule VI substance; maintaining a vehicle for dealing in controlled substances; and carrying a concealed weapon.
The traffic stop occurred in the 600 block of South Fulton Street at West Thomas Street.
When officers searched Bates, they found a pistol hidden near his pants leg.
A passenger was not charged and allowed to drive the car from the scene.
Bates was issued a $3,000 secured bond.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A woman reported Wednesday that items were stolen from her home in the 1400 block of West Horah Street.
• A man reported a stolen handgun Wednesday in the 100 block of East 11th Street.
• A woman said she was assaulted Wednesday while tending to a patient at Novant Health Rowan Medical Center.
• A woman reported a home burglary Wednesday in the 1100 block of Barbour Street.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A man reported vandalism to property between Jan. 6 and Tuesday in the 1100 block of Atwell Road.
• A man reported a larceny Wednesday in the 7900 block of Howard Avenue, Kannapolis.
• A man reported Wednesday that items were stolen from his vehicle in the 4300 block of South Main Street.
• A woman reported an assaulat Wednesday in the 200 block of Carolyn Road.
• Michael Earl Perry, 52, was charged Wednesday with felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule II in the 12500 block of Old Beatty Ford Road, Rockwell.
• Jason Matthew Wojciechowski, 16, was charged Wednesday with felony possession of counterfeit instruments in the 300 block of Eudy Road, China Grove.
• Davis Michael Picard, 18, was charged Wednesday with felony obtaining property by false pretenses at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.