• 66°

Rowan weather: Nice today; rain comes Thursday

We got some sun for Christmas and we’ll see more today, but Thursday and Friday will bring heavy rain, again.

Today will be sunny and 52, with calm wind becoming east southeast around 5 mph. Tonight will be clear and cold, with a low of 33.

Thursday will be mostly cloudy and 47, with east northeast wind at 3-6 mph. There is a 40 percent chance of rain, mainly after 1 p.m. Less than a tenth of an inch is expected.

Thursday night has a 90 percent chance of rain, heavy at times. The low will be 44, with east wind around 6 mph. Three-quarters to an inch of rain is expected.

Friday also has a 90 percent chance of showers, with thunderstorms possible after 10 a.m. Some storms could produce heavy rain. It will be 64 and windy, too, with south wind at 5-14 mph and gusts around 22 mph.

Friday night has a 30 percent chance of showers, mainly before midnight. It will be mostly cloudy and 49.

Saturday will be mostly sunny and 64. Then showers return, with a 60 percent chance of rain Saturday night. It will be cloudy and 47.

Sunday also has a 60 percent chance of showers, mostly before 3 p.m. It will be cloudy and 56. Sunday night will have a 40 percent chance of showers and be mostly cloudy, with a low of 38.

Monday, New Year’s Eve, will be mostly cloudy with a high of 51 and a 50 percent chance of showers. The chance of rain goes up to 60 percent Monday night, which will be mostly cloudy and 42. Be careful if you are out.

New Year’s Day will be cloudy and 57, with a 50 percent chance of showers.

Comments

Coronavirus

Three new COVID-19 deaths, positives remain below triple digits

BREAKING NEWS

Gov. Cooper announces end to curfew, changes to restrictions affecting bars, high school sports

Crime

Blotter: Two charged after call about package

Crime

Salisbury Police investigating two shootings

Crime

Chase involving Kernersville man ends in woods behind Carson High School

News Main

North Rowan girls end season with playoff loss to Murphy

Education

Rowan-Salisbury EC department plunges in place after raising $1,300 for Special Olympics

Nation/World

Tiger Woods injured in car crash, has surgery on legs

Local

Local stakeholders set goals, direction to tackle city’s housing issues

Education

RSS board talks future of Henderson Independent School

Coronavirus

One new COVID-19 death, 23 new positives reported Tuesday

Local

Concord to create fallen officer memorial featuring Rowan native Shuping

Crime

20-year-old man faces rape charges

Crime

Blotter: Man charged after shooting gun during argument

Local

UPDATE: Missing Salisbury man found

Education

RSS board votes to use upset bid process on Faith property

Local

Committee to soon accept artist applications for ‘Paint the Pavement’ project

BREAKING NEWS

RSS board votes to send elementary students to in-person classes four days per week

Coronavirus

County to administer nearly 1,700 vaccines this week

News

Political Notebook: Rep. Howard named ‘hospitality champion’ by North Carolina Restaurant and Lodging Association

Crime

Blotter: Gunshot fired into home on North Oakhurst Drive

Local

Teenager reported missing in Salisbury

Local

‘Everybody needs an Aunt Libby:’ Family celebrates 100th birthday of Rockwell doctor Elizabeth Lombard

Ask Us

Ask Us: Why is Rowan EMS no longer transporting some patients outside of county?