Woman charged with stealing grandmother’s credit card information
By Liz Moomey and Andie Foley
SALISBURY — Makayla Goodman was arrested for credit card fraud after using her grandmother’s card to make personal purchases without her permission.
Phyllis Goodman, 70, of Salisbury, first noticed a problem after going to Sharonview Federal Credit Union to get a loan and her checking account had a balance of about $5,000 less than expected.
Phyllis Goodman began evaluating her statements and noticed there were some odd transactions in April to July. She said she allowed her granddaughter to use her card for fuel.
On Nov. 2, she reported the credit card fraud to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
Police arrested Makayla Goodman, 20, of Salisbury, on Dec. 2. She is being held under a $1,500 bond.
Police have a two outstanding warrants for Summer Dial, 19, of Woodleaf, who Makayla Goodman shared the card number to make purchases.
In Salisbury Police Department reports:
- David Leon Simpson was charged Saturday with assault on a law enforcement officer in the 1500 block of East Innes Street.
- A man reported Saturday an attempted burglary in the 1000 block of North Main Street.
- Javius Jariem Harris, 16, was charged Saturday with felony breaking and entering into a building and conspiracy to commit a felony in the 600 block of Park Avenue. He is being held under a $50,000 secured bond.
- Maria Antoinette Simpson, 37, was charged with first-degree burglary, second-degree trespassing and simple assault. She has a $10,500 secured bond.
- Leonard Terry Smith was charged with misdemeanor larceny in the 300 block of South Arlington Street Saturday.
- Ahmad Xavier Blackwell was charged Saturday in the 1200 block of West Horah Street with assault by pointing a gun.
- Prasanna Ragittle Fernando was charged Monday with assault on a female in the 1300 block of Larchmont Place.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
- Amber Nicole Hunt was charged Saturday with possessing a Schedule VI controlled substance in the 2300 block of West Innes Street.
- A man reported Saturday a motor vehicle theft in the 100 block of Susan Lane.
- Dawn Kesler Ridenhour was charged Saturday with larceny in the 100 block of West Liberty Street.
- Steven Eugene Bracken was charged Saturday with possessing a Schedule VI controlled substance in the 1000 block of Webb Road.
- Jessica Lee McPeek was charged Saturday with resisting, delaying or obstructing a public officer in the 1100 block of Peeler Road.
- Bradley Keith Hampton was charged Saturday with resisting, delaying or obstructing a public officer at the intersection of Rowan Mill and Mooresville roads.
- Lisa Burnette Burris was charged Saturday with possessing a Schedule VI controlled substance in the 1500 block of Plaza Avenue.
- Michael Fitzgerald Jenkins was charged Saturday with possession of drug paraphernalia in the 1500 block of Plaza Avenue.
- Dennis Franklin Johnson, 49, was charged Saturday with possessing with intent to manufacture, sell or distribute a Schedule II controlled substance in the 1500 block of Plaza Avenue.
- Rusty Lee Blackford was charged Sunday with resisting, delaying or obstructing a public officer in the 1700 block of South Main Street.
- Cameron Jermaine Knox, 28, was charged with possession of a weapon by a felon.
- Eric Sean Knabb, 41, was charged with breaking and entering.
- David Bryan Laws, 45, was charged with larceny.
- Savannah Kay Beaver, 29, was charged with breaking and entering.