Rowan weather: Plenty of sunshine this week

Published 7:48 am Monday, November 19, 2018

The week ahead looks good, especially for the parades and Thanksgiving Day.

You might see some fog this morning before 9 a.m. It will be partly sunny and 62, with calm wind becoming southwest around 6 mph this afternoon.

Tonight will be mostly cloudy and 44, with south southwest wind around 6 mph.

Tuesday will be mostly sunny and 57, with winds shifting to the northwest at 6-9 mph. The Southern Rowan Christmas Parade is today. The low will be 31, with mostly clear skies. North northwest wind will calm after midnight.

Wednesday will be sunny and 52, with calm wind becoming west in the afternoon around 5 mph. The Tis the Season Spectacular starts at 2 p.m. in Spencer and 3 p.m. in Salisbury.

Wednesday night will be clear and 33.

Thanksgiving Day will be sunny and 51, but we’ll dip below freezing Thursday night, with a low of 27 and clear skies.

Friday will be mostly sunny and 46, a bit chilly. A 30 percent chance of rain showers moves in after 4 p.m. The chance of showers Friday night is 70 percent, mainly after 11 p.m. It will be mostly cloudy, with a low of 41.

Saturday will be cloudy and 54, with a 70 percent chance of showers. The chance of rain decreases to 50 percent Saturday night, with mostly cloudy skies and a low of 43.

Sunday should be mostly sunny and 59.

Comments