Posters Nov. 9
• Hot dog sale, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, First Wesleyan Church, 301 Bethpage Road, Kannapolis. With homemade chili, slaw. Holiday desserts available.
• Annual chicken dumpling supper, 4-7 p.m. Saturday, St, Stephens Lutheran Church, 4400 St. Stephens Church Road, Gold Hill. Eat in or takeout. Benefits church needs, community and charities. 704 279-3768
• Chicken barbecue dinner, 4 p.m. until Saturday, Landmark Church, 1910 Mooresville Road. Half chicken, baked beans, homemade slaw, bread, dessert, drink; also hot dogs. Eat in or takeout. By donation. 704-633-8200
• Thanksgiving-style meal fundraiser, 4-7 p.m. Saturday, Luther’s Lutheran Church, Stokes Ferry and Richfield roads. By donation. Benefits Taylor Kirk Scholarship Fund and youth group.
• Heavenly Hot Dog Sale, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. today, Mount Olivet United Methodist Church, 301 Mount Olivet Road. Homemade desserts. Free delivery over $10; takeout available. 704-782-8846 or www.mtochurch.com
• Veterans Day dance, 9 p.m.-2 a.m. Sunday, J.C. Price Post 107. Sponsored by Steppin’ Out Social Club. Music by DJ Peaches. $10.
• Annual fish and bake sale, 10:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, Hall’s Chapel Primitive Baptist Church, 611 E. Monroe St.
SALISBURY — When Christopher Benge and his family buried Camara Talbert in January 2017, they thought it would be the... read more