Veterans Day events 2018
• Harold B. Jarrett Post annual veterans appreciation brunch, Nov. 8 at 11 a.m. Free. 1024 Lincolnton Road. No reservation required.
• Mooresville Veterans Day celebration, Nov. 10, 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Mooresville. www.racecityusa.org
• Mooresville Veterans Day parade, Nov. 11, 2-3 p.m., downtown Mooresville. www.racecityusa.org
• East Spencer Veterans Day Celebration at noon, Nov. 12 on the steps of the Town Hall, 105 South Long St., East Spencer with speaker Police Chief Ms. Sharon D.Hovis who has served honorably in the United States Army.
• Annual Veterans Day ceremony, 10-11 a.m. Nov. 12, Building 6, W.G. Bill Hefner VA Medical Center, Salisbbury. After the ceremony, VFW Post 3006 hosts a barbecue lunch, $6 at the door (where the helicopter is).
• Veterans Day parades, Nov. 12, two locations. First parade starts at the VA hospital at 1 p.m.; second parade leaves the VA hospital and reassembles in Salisbury at Stallings Memorial Baptist Church, South Main Street. Parade begins at 2:30 p.m.
• A Veterans Thanksgiving, Nov. 13, 8 a.m.-noon, free. Needed: gift bags for 98 male veterans. Go go ruftyholmes.org or call for list. Bring stuffed gift bags with 3 or more items by 12 noon, Nov. 13. Rufty-Holmes Senior Center, 1120 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave, 704-216-7714
• Veterans breakfast. Nov. 13, 10-11 a.m. Free. In honor of Veterans Day, veterans are invited to a hearty breakfast at the center. Reservations required. Rufty-Holmes Senior Center, 1120 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave.