Veterans Day observances 2018
• NC Veterans PTSD Awareness 5K Walk, 10-11:30 a.m. Nov. 3, Corriher Lake Wilderness Area, 950 Kimball Road (across from South Rowan YMCA), China Grove. To raise awareness about Veterans affected by PTSD. By donation. Info 704-637-3718.
• Annual Veterans Day ceremony, 10-11 a.m. Nov. 12, Building 6, W.G. Bill Hefner VA Medical Center. After the ceremony VFW Post 3006 hosts a barbecue lunch, $6 at the door (where the helicopter is).
• Veterans Day parades, Nov. 12, two locations. First parade starts at the VA hospital at 1 p.m.; second parade leaves the VA hospital and reassembles in Salisbury at Stallings Memorial Baptist Church, South Main Street. Parade begins 2:30 p.m. Deadline to sign up, Nov. 3 at 704-212-8488 or 704-723-1639.
• A Veterans Thanksgiving, 8 a.m.-noonNov. 13, free. Needed, gift bags for 98 male veterans. Go go ruftyholmes.org or call for list. Bring stuffed gift bags with three or more items by noon Nov. 13. Rufty-Holmes Senior Center, 1120 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. 704-216-7714
• Veterans Breakfast. 10-11 a.m. Nov. 13. Free. In honor of Veterans Day, veterans are encouraged to drop in for a hearty breakfast at Rufty-Holmes Senior Center, 1120 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. Reservations required.
• Mooresville Veterans Day celebration, 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Nov. 10. www.racecityusa.org
• Mooresville Veterans Day parade, 2-3 p.m. Nov. 11, downtown. www.racecityusa.org
Send your events to email@example.com