Posters Oct. 26
• Hot dog fundraiser by the men of New Hope AME Zion Church fellowship hall, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. today, 1470 N. Long St. Ext. Chips, sodas, bottled water available for purchase. 704-633-7548
• Annual barbecue, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, Knox Chapel United Methodist Church, 3520 Amity Hill Road. Sandwiches and plates, with homemade desserts and drinks. Eat-in or takeout.
• Change of venue: J.C. Price Alumni Association will meet at 3 p.m. Saturday at Blue Bay, East Innes Street.
• Clarification: Happy Roots Haunted Roots festival is Saturday at 1026 S. Fulton St.
• Liberty United Methodist Church hosts a Blessing of the Animals on Sunday at the ball field shelter across from Morgan Elementary School on Liberty Road. Accepting donations of blankets, towels, leashes, collars, shavings, litter, kitten formula, kitten bottles and money for Faithful Friends. Trunk or Treat, 6 p.m. Wednesday; free hot dogs, chips and drinks.
SALISBURY — The Salisbury Police Department has been honored for a recruitment video it produced featuring police officers, community partners... read more