Letter: Quality in Raleigh
Have you ever thought about the qualities of a political representative — qualities that you would choose? My mind goes to a list such as this:
• Utmost care and concern for constituents
• Someone that not only listens, but seeks information
• A person that reads bills before casting a vote
• Hardworking — first to arrive and last to leave
• Sets high expectations for job achievement
• Exemplary integrity
I have worked with such a representative for the last six years. I have seen all these qualities over and over again. That representative is Rep. Harry Warren. He is running for the state House 76 seat. We can continue to have the quality representation that he provides.
During Rep. Warren’s tenure, he has worked to make much-needed changes for our state. Some of those include:
• Balanced the state budget with responsible spending that prioritizes public education, strengthens core services, and saves for future emergencies.
• Lowered taxes for families, ensuring 99 percent of taxpayers will pay lower or no state income taxes at all.
• Passed laws to combat opioid addiction; the STOP Act to ensure highly addictive prescription drugs are responsibly administered and not overprescribed, and the HOPE Act to give law enforcement the tools they need to battle the crisis.
• Strengthened laws against human trafficking and funding to increase awareness and heighten penalties for traffickers.
Vote for Harry Warren.
— Susan Cox
Letters endorsing candidates or issues on the Nov. 6 ballot should be received at the Post by 5 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 31.