Vape batteries cause minor explosion inside purse at U.S. Post Office
SALISBURY — Vape batteries inside a purse caused a minor explosion at the U.S. Post Office on Thursday afternoon, according to the Salisbury Police Department.
A woman was in the lobby, at 605 E. Innes St., when the incident occurred.
Authorities said she had several batteries in her purse and it’s believed the batteries either rubbed together or came into contact with something else metallic, causing a small explosion.
A caller reported a possible explosion to the 911 center about 4:30 p.m. Thursday. Officials first believed the explosion was related to a cellphone.
The woman was not injured, and damage was confined to her purse.
In addition to Salisbury police, the Salisbury Fire Department responded to the call.
TAMPA, Fla. — Florida police are investigating the shooting death of Salisbury resident Justin Heilig, who was shot Sunday morning... read more