Special waste recycling event this Wednesday
The annual special waste recycling collection will be held Wednesday at the East Spencer Recycling Processing Center. 1102 N. Long St.
The collection is free to Rowan County residents. It is sponsored by the Rowan County Department of Environmental Management, North Carolina Operation Medicine Cabinet, Rowan County Sheriff’s Office, and the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
Residents can dispose of TVs, medications and other items that can be difficult to get rid of.
From 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., the center will accept household quantities of the following items:
• Prescription medications
• Nonprescription medication
• Tires (a limit of five; no rims)
• Fire extinguishers
• Tanks for helium, oxygen or propane
• Computer equipment
• Rechargeable batteries
• All electronics (anything with a plug)
• Fertilizers and pesticides (must be labeled)
• Automotive fluids
• Paint (a limit 10 gallons per household)
• Fluorescent bulbs
• TV sets (a limit five per household)
• Washers, dryers and refrigerators
• Hearing aids
• Toner cartridges
• Household cleaning products
For more information, contact the Rowan County Recycling Processing Center at 704-216-8589 or visit https://www.rowancountync.gov/512/Environmental-Management.
GRANITE QUARRY — On a night town officials said thanks and farewell to Fire Chief Dale Brown, they also received... read more