Firefighters rescue cats in Longview Avenue house fire

Published 12:05 pm Monday, October 1, 2018

SALISBURY — Salisbury firefighters rescued two cats from a Longview Avenue house fire over the weekend.

The fire started in the kitchen about 9:30 p.m. Sunday at 1415 Longview Ave., authorities said.

The occupants of the home were able to get out unharmed.

An investigation determined the fire was accidental, resulting from unattended food that was left cooking.

There was some heat, smoke and water damage throughout the house.

The American Red Cross assisted the family.

Comments