Blotter: Woman reported her wallet was stolen from her unlocked vehicle
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — A woman reported last week that someone entered her unlocked Honda Accord at her North Ellis Street property and took a wallet that was inside.
Police say the woman said the last time the vehicle was secured was about 9 p.m. the day before.
She discovered the theft about 10 a.m. last Tuesday.
Salisbury Police Department officials said there has been a number of vehicle thefts and items stolen from vehicles in and near the area recently, with about half a dozen within minutes of each other.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Police Department at 704-638-5333 or Salisbury-Rowan CrimeStoppers at 866-639-5245.
In other Salisbury police reports:
• A man reported last Tuesday that someone took items from his vehicle in the 200 block of West 11th Street.
• A man reported last Tuesday that someone went through his unlocked vehicle in the 200 block of Mitchell Avenue, but it appears nothing was taken.
• A woman reported last Tuesday that her vehicle was stolen while parked on the street in the 600 block of West Kerr Street. It was last known to be secured about 2 a.m. that day.
• A woman reported on Tuesday someone took items from her vehicle in the 100 block of East Council Street.
• A man reported an assault last Tuesday in the 500 block of Lincolnton Road.
• A possible controlled substance was found last Wednesday in the Rowan County jail, 115 W. Liberty St.
• A man reported last Wednesday that his license plate and vehicle registration card were stolen between July 27 and Wednesday in the 1100 block of Lincolnton Road.
• A woman reported Wednesday that items were stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at Olive Garden restaurant, 1425 Klumac Road.
• A man reported fraud between Jan. 1, 2017, and July 20 in the 100 block of Reamer Circle.
• A woman reported Thursday that items were stolen from her vehicle while it was parked in the 600 block of Partee Street.
• A man reported Thursday that items were stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at Domino’s Pizza, 1601 W. Innes St.
• A man reported Friday that items were stolen from his vehicle in the 500 block of Cedar Street.
• Matthew Ray Bunn, 26, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor assault on a female while at IHOP, 275 Bendix Drive.
• Kamey Keith Harvey, 30, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance Schedule VI while at the Food Lion warehouse, 2085 Harrison Road.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• Marijuana was found on an inmate last Tuesday at the Rowan County Detention Center.
• A man reported Tuesday that items were stolen from his vehicle in the 800 block of Old Beatty Ford Road, China Grove.
• A woman reported last Tuesday that two vehicles were gone through during the night and change was taken in the 900 block of South Chapel Street, Landis.
• A man reported last Tuesday that tools were stolen from his vehicle in the 1100 block of Dial Street, Kannapolis.
• Union Power Co. reported a theft last Tuesday in the 2100 block of Wyatt Grove Church Road, Richfield.
• Love’s Travel Stop reported fraud last Tuesday at 1105 Peeler Road.
• A man reported a break-in last Tuesday in the 1500 block of East N.C. 152, China Grove.
• A man reported last Tuesday that a tenant moved out and stole items from property in the 300 block of Gaither Drive.
• A woman reported a stolen firearm last Tuesday in the 10100 block of Old Beatty Ford Road, Rockwell.
• Samuel Blake Stewart, 36, was charged last Tuesday with being a fugitive from justice in the 500 block of Saw Road, China Grove.
• Eric Deandre Collins, 31, was charged last Tuesday with being intoxicated while in the Rowan County Courthouse, 210 N. Main St.
• Stephen Arey Daniels, 47, was charged Tuesday with rape or sex offense of a juvenile at the county jail.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.
By Liz Moomey firstname.lastname@example.org SALISBURY — The City Council will discuss two expansion projects and consider a request for an... read more