Rowan Chamber debuts Power in Partnership speakers
Published 12:00 am Sunday, August 19, 2018
By Liz Moomey
SALISBURY — The Rowan Chamber of Commerce has announced nine speakers for its sixth-annual Power in Partnership breakfast series.
The series will begin at 7:30 a.m. Sept. 20 at Trinity Oaks with Josh Ward of the National Association of Manufacturers with a “Salute to Manufacturing.”
“The chamber is very excited about the upcoming PIP speaker series,” said Janet Spriggs, chairwoman of the chamber board and chief operating officer of Rowan-Cabarrus Community College. “We want all our chamber members to get their Power Cards now so they don’t miss out on any of these fantastic programs.”
Other 2018-19 speakers include:
• Oct. 18: Karen Shearer Dunn, “Intergenerational Workforce.”
• Nov. 15: Frank Emory, chairman of the North Carolina Economic Development Partnership.
• Dec. 13: Inspirational speaker Warren Cole Smith, sponsored by Rowan County nonprofit organizations.
• Jan. 17: 2019 economic outlook speaker.
• Feb. 21: State legislative breakfast.
• March 21: Salute to agribusiness.
• April 18: Health care speaker sponsored by Novant Health Rowan Medical Center.
• May 16: Laura Hamilton, “Why Are You Looking for the Wizard”; Leadership Rowan graduation.
Anyone who frequents Power in Partnership can buy a card to receive a discount price for the series, which is $95 for chamber members and $225 for nonmembers. With a card, no reservation is necessary for each breakfast.
The chamber also offers individual reservations at $15 for members and $25 for nonmembers. That includes breakfast and the program. The reservation deadline is 5 p.m. Sept. 18.
The breakfast series has drawn more than 150 people each month over the past five years.
For more information about reservations or to become a sponsor, contact the chamber at 704-633-4221 or email@example.com.