Blotter: Vehicle stop leads to multiple charges
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — Salisbury Police stopped a vehicle at the intersection of Old Wilkesboro Road and Linn Lane after it was determined the driver had a fictitious registration plate.
Police charged Christian Dior Dorsett, 28, of the 600 block of Brenner Avenue, Apt. 210, with misdemeanor resist, obstruct, delay an officer; fictitious registration, fictitious information to an officer, driving while license revoked and an order for arrest for a Cabarrus County probation violation.
He was arrested Thursday evening. He was issued a total secured bond of $20,000 and he remains in the Rowan County Detention Center.
In other Salisbury Police reports:
• A man reported on Tuesday he was the victim of fraud in the 600 block of Morrison Avenue.
• A woman reported on Tuesday her home was broken into in the 1300 block of Tabernacle Street.
• A woman reported on Wednesday someone kicked in her back door while she was gone and took numerous items in the 1200 block of Beard Street.
• A man reported on Wednesday that he consigned his motor home with a California company to sell the camper. The financial arrangements had not been met, he did not have the camper any longer and believed it was somewhere in California. The transaction occurred sometime between Jan. 1, 2017, and March 1, 2018, in the 1600 block of South Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• A woman reported on Wednesday two black females assaulted two white females over a dispute about the black women almost hitting them in the parking lot of Rushco BP, 1518 E. Innes St., and one black woman bit a white woman on the arm and struck her.
• A man reported on Wednesday he was the victim of a break-in in the 1500 block of Brenner Avenue.
• Jeremy Lynn Patton, 29, was charged on Wednesday with felony obtaining property by false pretenses in the 800 block of Brookfield Circle.
• Deandre Kyalie Jackson, 21, was charged on Thursday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 300 block of Foster Lane.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• Lambirth Sales reported on Wednesday someone stole a dealer tag from a vehicle at the business 1685 Kluttz Road sometime between July 8 and Aug. 8.
• A woman reported on Wednesday someone stole two vehicles from the 200 block of Charleston Lane, Granite Quarry.
• James William Thompson, 45, was charged on Wednesday with felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule II while at the Rowan County Detention Center.
• Star Marie Larson, 18, was charged on Wednesday with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia in the 2100 block of Kendra Drive, Kannapolis.
• Joshua Thad Ferguson, 46, was charged on Wednesday with felony possession of a controlled substance on a penal institution premise while at the county jail.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.