China Grove Farmers Day is Saturday
Published 12:00 am Thursday, July 19, 2018
CHINA GROVE — This special event was organized to honor the local farmers by inviting them to bring their produce to sell at a farmers market and has grown to become one of the best street festivals in North Carolina with attendance estimated at over 15,000 visitors. Farmers Day is held the third Saturday in July.
From the opening ceremony at 9 a.m. until the last firework at 9:30 p.m. Farmers Day offers free entertainment all day:
• More than 100 arts, crafts, merchandise and food vendors line Main Street
• Children’s rides and games include gem mining, zucchini car race, spin art, soap bubble circus, face painting and Professor Whizzpop Magician
• Dance, gymnastics and karate demonstrations
• Displays of antique farm equipment plus local farm equipment dealers
• Annual Little Mr. and Miss Farmer contest
The street vendors pack up at 4 p.m. and the town gets ready for the street dance at 7 p.m. So bring a lawn chair to enjoy the band and be ready to dance. The evening ends with a fireworks display.
• Friday Night Kickoff In Hanna Park with Red Dirt Revival 6:30-8:30 p.m.
• Saturday Night Gal Friday 7-9:30 p.m.
See the pull-out-and-save section in Tuesday’s paper, July 17