Blotter: Thief steals new car from Gerry Wood Auto Group
SALISBURY — Someone stole a red Dodge Charger from the Gerry Wood Auto Group car dealership, located at 525 S. Jake Alexander Blvd., between May 21 and Saturday, according to the Salisbury Police Department.
The last time someone at the business noticed the vehicle was about two weeks ago. Authorities say both key fobs were still at the business, but someone could’ve switched them out. The vehicle was valued at $42,000.
In other Salisbury police reports:
• A woman on Monday reported vandalism in the 200 block of Eastwood Drive.
• A woman on Monday said someone stole items from her vehicle in the 1000 block of East Innes Street.
• A man on Monday reported shots fired into two apartments in the 1400 block of Standish Street.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A woman reported Friday her credit card number was used to make unauthorized online transactions in the 1500 block of Hurley School Road.
• Lynn Thomas Grading reported Friday that someone stole construction equipment in the 8500 block of Stokes Ferry Road.
• A man on Friday reported the theft of items from his vehicle in the 100 block of Huntington Ridge Drive, Rockwell.
• An assault was reported Saturday in the 700 block of Crescent Road.
• A woman reported Saturday she came home to find her house had been broken into in the 101100 block of Stokes Ferry Road.
• A man on Sunday reported a breaking and entering in the 4400 block of Old Mocksville Road.
• A man on Sunday saidi someone took personal items from his vehicle parked on Riles Creek Access, Richfield.
• A man on Sunday reported a stolen dirt bike in the 7100 block of Unity Church Road.
• Paxton Robert Jamarel Feaster, 32, was charged Friday with felony possession of a stolen vehicle in the 100 block of Rogers Drive.
• Stacey Hattaway Bryant, 35, was charged Friday with felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell or deliver a controlled substance Schedule I while at the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
• Eric James McGirt, 38, was charged Friday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance Schedule VI in the 200 block of East Main Street, Rockwell.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.
By COLLEEN LONG Associated Press NEW YORK — Kate Spade, a fashion designer known for her sleek handbags, was found... read more