Blotter: Man taken to hospital with minor injuries after parking lot fight
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — A man was taken to the hospital with minor injuries after a fight in the parking lot of Burger King.
The Salisbury Police Department says officers encountered a group of young people in the parking lot of the restaurant, 700 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
Police said the youths said they were not involved, but witnesses said the fight began inside the gym at the YMCA over a basketball game when two men got into an argument.
A witness said he came out of swim practice with his children and saw the fight.
A woman was struck in the face by a man during the melee. No arrests have been made.
In other Salisbury police reports:
• Christopher Richard Stalcup, 36, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor violating a domestic violence act while at Walmart.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• Reliable Pawn Shop on Tuesday reported fraud sometime between May 7 and Tuesday at 107 Mooresville Road.
• A man on Tuesday reported a breaking and entering in the 2200 block of Airport Road.
• A woman on Tuesday said her home was burglarized in the 100 block of Cedar Drive.
• A woman on Tuesday reported an assault by strangulation in the 1300 block of Spring Meadow Drive, Woodleaf.
• A man on Tuesday reported a stolen lawn mower in the 200 block of Dexter Avenue, Kannapolis.
• Nisu Senusret Ali, 42, Shadiqa Shaqon Barnett, 37, and Albert Tremaine Barnette, 43, were each charged Tuesday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance Schedule VI in the 68900 block of Interstate 85 North, China Grove.
• Dejon Malik Chawlk, 17, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor simple assault while at Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• James Russell Cantrell, 25, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor child abuse while at the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
• Damon Antone Cotton, 26, was charged Tuesday with felony probation violation at North Salisbury Avenue.
• Robert Spencer Pulliam, 60, was charged Tuesday with felony assault by strangulation while at the Rowan County Courthouse.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.
By Shavonne Walker firstname.lastname@example.org SALISBURY — A Salisbury man who claimed to be the “son of God” was charged with... read more