Blotter: Traffic stop leads to drug charges
Published 11:38 am Wednesday, May 9, 2018
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — Rowan County authorities found drugs in a vehicle that was stopped May 4 at 195 Fry St. in China Grove.
Deputies charged Michael Edward Helms, 46, with felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule II.
In other Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A woman reported Friday that a weed trimmer and blower were stolen in the 200 block Peach Orchard Lane.
• Salisbury Fire Appliance reported larceny Friday at the business, 4809 S. Main St.
• A man on Friday said three batteries were stolen from his truck in the 2700 block of Phifer Road, Cleveland.
• A woman reported an assault Saturday in the 2100 block of Bringle Ferry Road.
• A woman on Saturday said someone cut the catalytic converter from her son’s vehicle in the 2000 block of Hobson Road, Cleveland.
• A man on Saturday reported items stolen from his car parked in the 9100 block of Bringle Ferry Road.
• A woman on Sunday reported she was threatened and assaulted by her boyfriend in the 1800 block of Canon Street, Rockwell.
• A man on Sunday reported tools stolen from his vehicle in the 1700 block of Sells Road.
• A man on Sunday reported vandalism in the 100 block of Ervin Loop.
• A man on Sunday said a pressure washer was stolen in the 4600 block of Goodman Lake Road.
• A woman reported Sunday that items were removed from her residence in the 100 block of Misty Lane, Rockwell.
• Anthony Laquane Brooks, 27, was charged Friday with felony breaking and entering while at the county jail.
• Summey Newman Biggerstaff, 30, was charged Friday with misdemeanor assault in the 100 block of Walhollow Lane, Mooresville.
• Jason Lee Conde, 36, was charged Friday with felony being a habitual felon in the 400 block of Grace Church Road.
• William Isaac Darry Sanders, 35, was charged onSaturday with felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule II while at the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
• Bradley Michael Perkins, 30, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor marijuana possession in the 300 block of Moon Circle, China Grove.