Blotter: Rowan County authorities say nine construction vehicles were vandalized
Published 7:58 pm Wednesday, May 9, 2018
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — Nine construction vehicles were damaged and construction equipment was stolen while parked near a service road, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
A senior foreman for Lane Construction told a sheriff’s deputy on Monday that several construction vehicles were vandalized at a work site at Old Beatty Ford Road and Southbound Interstate 85 in China Grove. The foreman said a storage container was broken into and items were stolen from it.
The damage included what appeared to be rocks thrown through windows of the vehicles. Two vehicles belonged to Lane Construction, a report said.
One vehicle still had a rock on the floorboard. The door to a metal storage container had been cut. Investigators believe someone cut the door with a power saw. When they looked inside the container, they saw paint and lubricant had been strewn about. A generator, chain saw and concrete saw were stolen from the container.
The owner of Mauldin’s Grading and Hauling reported three vehicles parked on the site were vandalized. It appeared rocks were thrown through windows. A door was also broken on the vehicles. He estimated the damage to be at $11,600.
A foreman with Smith-Rowe LLC said four vehicles were vandalized in the same manner and a fuel truck wasn’t damaged but was moved and left running.
In other Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A woman on Monday reported credit card fraud in the 600 block of Eastland Lane, Rockwell.
• A woman on Monday reported fraud by false pretense in the 100 block of South Enochville Avenue, Kannapolis.
• A man on Monday reported a burglary in the 100 block of Cool Side Drive.
• Concord Engineering and Surveying Inc. reported Monday that someone broke into a toolbox and stole tools in the 2700 block of Hollywood Drive.
• A man on Monday reported a stolen vehicle in the 400 block of Crooked Creek Lane, China Grove.
• Houghton Construction reported Monday someone broke into a trailer and stole tools in the 300 block of Timberwolf Lane.
• A man on Monday said someone took items from his property in the 8200 block of Bringle Ferry Road.
• A man on Monday a larceny in the 500 block of Rosemont Road.
• A man on Monday reported a burglary in the 400 block of Crooked Creek Lane, China Grove.
• A burglary was reported Monday in the 200 block of Lakeshore Drive.
• A man on Monday reported a larceny from his vehicle in the 1100 block of Bell Ridge Court, Rockwell.
• A woman on Tuesday reported a larceny in the 800 block of Godbey Road.
• A man on Tuesday said someone took items from his vehicle in the 15500 block of U.S. 52, Gold Hill.
• SK Hauling LLC reported Tuesday someone damaged its property at Lentz and Old Beatty Ford roads, China Grove.
• A man on Tuesday reported a stolen vehicle in the 8800 block of Statesville Boulevard.
• Jenny Lynn Chamberlain, 62, was charged Monday with felony obtaining property by false pretenses in the 300 block of Phillips Avenue, Landis.
• John Martin Forney, 48, was charged Tuesday with felony larceny of a motor vehicle in the 7600 block of Interstate 85 southbound.
• Kenneth Franklin Weaver, 35, was charged Tuesday with felony fugitive from justice while at the Rowan County Detention Center.
• Anthony Eugene Cochran, 22, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia at West C Street and Tanglewood Drive, Kannapolis.
• Daniel Hilton Roehm, 51, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance Schedule II in the 5500 block of East N.C. 152, Rockwell.
In Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A woman on Monday reported vandalism in the 100 block of Ackert Avenue.
• Kohl’s Department store reported Monday that someone used counterfeit money at the store, 1395 Klumac Road.
• A man on Monday reported an attempted break-in in the 500 block of Park Avenue.
• A man reported Tuesday that someone broke into his vehicle overnight and stole two knives and a first aid kit in the 1000 block of East Innes Street.
• A woman on Tuesday reported fraud in the 100 block of Mahaley Avenue.
• A woman on Tuesday said someone took items from her vehicle in the 900 block of Locke Street.
• Justin Amir Cousin, 19, was charged Tuesday with felony breaking and entering in the 300 block of North Clay Street.
• Bricara Qunae Wilson, 16, was charged Tuesday with felony breaking and entering in the 600 block of Park Avenue.
• Derrick Michael Brice, 33, was charged Tuesday with felony obtaining property by false pretenses in the 2000 block of Statesville Boulevard.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.