Blotter: Thieves break into local restaurant, attempt to access another
Published 12:23 am Friday, May 4, 2018
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — Police say thieves tried to break into a local Mexican restaurant but were scared off by an alarm. The suspects gained access to a Subway restaurant and are linked to similar break-ins in Mooresville.
Salisbury Police Department officials say the suspects used a rock to break a window at Los Arcos Mexican restaurant, 1311 Klumac Road, at 1:51 a.m. Thursday. The suspects used a rock to break a window at Subway, 1317 Klumac Road, but they saw the cash register was empty and left.
Police Lt. Greg Beam said after the break-ins, the department issued an alert to other law enforcement agencies and Mooresville police officers responded, saying they had had similar break-ins at two restaurants there.
No arrests have been.
Officials said anyone with information is asked to contact Salisbury police at 704-638-5333.
In other Salisbury police reports:
• A man on Wednesday said he got into an argument with his daughter. She tried to leave and he tried to stop her, but he said she bit and kicked him in the 300 block of Lake Drive.
• Tracy Christy Heffner, 44, was charged Wednesday with felony larceny by employees in the 400 block of Lake Drive.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• Myers Forest Products Inc. reported Tuesday that a Kenworth W900 logging truck was stolen from the company, 355 Barber Junction Road, Cleveland.
• A man on Tuesday reported that items were stolen from his vehicle in the 18100 block of Old Beatty Ford Road, Gold Hill.
• Spectrum reported Tuesday that a cable locator was stolen from a work truck in the 300 block of Pleasant Cove Road.
• A woman on Tuesday reported a break-in in the 6100 block of Sharon Road.
• A woman on Tuesday said she was the victim of identity theft in the 9000 block of Live Oak Court, Kannapolis.
• A woman on Tuesday reported that she was the victim of a traffic crash resulting from a violent domestic incident in the 6000 block of Mocksville Road.
• A woman on Tuesday reported fraud at Dollar General, 106 S. Enochville Ave., Kannapolis.
• A man on Tuesday reported a larceny in the 2800 block of Back Creek Church Road, Mount Ulla.
• A man on Tuesday said someone stole items from his vehicle in the 500 block of Spring Garden Avenue, Kannapolis.
• Nicholas Daniel Troutman, 29, was charged Tuesday with felony breaking and entering in the 6100 block of Sharon Road.