Blotter: Woman charged with assault after police called for welfare check
Published 6:06 pm Wednesday, April 18, 2018
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — Salisbury police officers were called to a Lincolnton Road home for a welfare check on Monday and found that a 42-year-old man had been assaulted.
Police charged Stacey Nicole Littleton, 33, with misdemeanor simple assault.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• Speedway reported Monday that someone used a counterfeit $10 bill at the gas station, 3410 S. Main St.
• A man on Monday reported vandalism in the 1300 block of Kenly Street.
• A man reported Monday that items were stolen from his vehicle in the 2300 block of South Main Street.
• A woman on Monday reported fraud in the 1500 block of East Innes Street.
• Days Inn reported Monday that someone tried to break into the hotel, 321 Bendix Drive.
• Officers on Wednesday found drugs on Military Avenue at South Railroad Street.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A woman on Monday reported that she was assaulted by her husband in the 300 block of Fletcher Road, Rockwell.
• A woman on Monday reported that she was assaulted by her spouse in the 6700 block of Roberts Drive, Kannapolis.
• Tommy Howard Hairston, 30, was charged Monday with felony carrying a concealed weapon.
• Eric Lamont Black, 36, was charged Monday with being a habitual felon.
• Kevin Lee Overcash, 51, was charged Monday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 700 block of Needmore Road, Woodleaf.
• April Lynn Henry, 29, was charged Monday with felony obtaining property by false pretenses in the 100 block of Tingle Drive.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.