• 43°

Rowan weather: Another warm one

It’s going to be another warm spring day with a high of 75 under partly sunny skies. South southwest wind will pick up to 5-9 mph this afternoon.

A 20 percent chance of showers is possible after 3 a.m., with mostly cloudy skies and a low of 59. It will be windy, with south winds at 7-14 mph, gusting to 21 mph.

Wednesday will bring a 60 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1 p.m., then showers, with gradual clearing and a high of 64. South southwest wind of 13-15 mph will shift to the west northwest in the afternoon and gust as high as 24 mph. Less than a tenth of an inch of rain is expected.

Wednesday night will be clear and cold, with a low around 35 and northwest winds at 5-9 mph.

Thursday will be sunny, but cooler, with a high of 60. The low will be 39.

Friday will be partly sunny and 67. A 60 percent chance of showers will move in around 10 p.m. Friday, with rain after 1 a.m. It will be mostly cloudy with a low of 40.

Saturday has a 70 percent chance of rain and showers. It will be cloudy and quite cool, with a high of just 48. The chance of rain tapers off to 30 percent Saturday night, with a low of 34.

Sunday will be partly sunny and cool, with a high of 56. A 30 percent chance of rain moves in Sunday night, with a low of 41.

Monday will have a 50 percent chance of showers and a high of 59.

Comments

Local

City officials differ on how, what information should be released regarding viral K-9 officer video

High School

High school basketball: Carson girls are 3A champions

Lifestyle

High school, college sweethearts marry nearly 50 years later

Local

With jury trials set to resume, impact of COVID-19 on process looms

Legion baseball

Book explores life of Pfeiffer baseball coach Joe Ferebee

Education

Rowan-Salisbury Board of Education to receive update on competency-based education

Business

Biz Roundup: Kannapolis expects to see economic, housing growth continue in 2021

Business

A fixture of downtown Salisbury’s shopping scene, Caniche celebrates 15th anniversary this month

Local

Slate of new officers during local GOP convention; Rev. Jenkins becomes new chair

Landis

Landis officials narrow search for new manager to five candidates; expect decision within a month

Lifestyle

Together at last: High school, college sweethearts marry nearly 50 years later

Education

Rowan-Salisbury Schools sorts out transportation logistics in preparation for full-time return to classes

High School

Photo gallery: Carson goes undefeated, wins 3A state championship

Nation/World

Europe staggers as infectious variants power virus surge

Nation/World

Biden, Democrats prevail as Senate OKs $1.9 trillion virus relief bill

Nation/World

Senate Democrats strike deal on jobless aid, move relief bill closer to approval

News

Duke Life Flight pilot may have shut down wrong engine in fatal crash

News

Two NC counties get to participate in satellite internet pilot for students

Local

PETA protesters gather in front of police department

Coronavirus

UPDATED: Eight new COVID-19 deaths, 203 positives reported in county this week

Crime

Sheriff’s office: Two charged after suitcase of marijuana found in Jeep

Crime

Thomasville officer hospitalized after chase that started in Rowan County

Local

Board of elections discusses upgrading voting machines, making precinct changes

News

Lawmakers finalize how state will spend COVID-19 funds