Blotter: North Carolina man wanted as fugitive from justice on California warrant
Published 8:06 pm Wednesday, March 28, 2018
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — Salisbury police officers responded to a domestic incident Tuesday night at a Mooresville Road home and discovered the accused has outstanding arrest warrants in California.
Eugenio Lopez Orozco, 25, of the 100 block of Town Court, was charged with misdemeanor assault on a female and felony being a fugitive from justice for an outstanding 2014 warrant and a 2017 failure-to-appear warrant.
An officer took Orozco to the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office, where officials discovered the 2017 warrant. He was issued a $500 bond, no bond for the domestic incident and no bond for being a fugitive.
Reports said Orozco has been cited for a parole violation in California. He is expected to be extradited.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A man reported Tuesday that a window was broken and his driver’s side door was pried open and a stereo unit and two speakers were stolen from his vehicle parked in the 400 block of West 15th Street.
• A woman reported Tuesday that a man broke into two vehicles in the parking lot of Smart Start Rowan, 1329 S. Jake Alexander Blvd. Items were taken from the vehicles.
• A man reported Tuesday someoen stole items from his vehicle parked in the 100 block of Milford Drive.
• A woman on Tuesday reported a robbery in the 2400 block of South Main Street.
• A man on Tuesday reported vandalism in the 2300 block of South Main Street.
• Miller Recreation Center reported vandalism Tuesday at 1402 W. Bank St. sometime Monday or Tuesday.
• Kendall Nichole Hess, 18, was charged Tuesday with felony obtaining property by false pretenses in the 200 block of North Long Street.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A man on Tuesday reported an assault in the 300 block of Phillips Avenue, Landis.
• Travis Lee Jordan, 39, was charged Tuesday with felony possession of a Schedule II substance in the 100 block of North Main Street, China Grove.
• Hugo Angeles Mejia, 31, was charged Tuesday with felony possession of a controlled substance on jail premises while at the Rowan County Detention Center.