Blotter: Man charged in February shooting after victim dropped off at ER
SALISBURY — A Salisbury teenager has been charged in the February shooting of a man who was dropped off at the emergency room after he was shot in the head.
Deviyion Unique Barnhardt, 18, of the 300 block of Foster Lane, was charged with felony assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury; misdemeanor resisting, obstructing or delaying an officer; misdemeanor injury to personal property; and misdemeanor failure to appear in court.
He remains in the Rowan County under a $25,500 secured bond.
Salisbury police say Devron Davis, 25, was taken to Novant Health Rowan Medical Center with a bullet graze to the left side of his head. He was treated and released the same day.
Authorities said at the time that Davis refused to provide information about his injury and told detectives the shooting occurred at City Park. He later gave a different story.
Police investigators looked at surveillance video and determined he didn’t walk to the ER but was dropped off at the hospital in a vehicle.
The shooting occurred Feb. 20. Barnhardt is expected in court this morning for a first appearance.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A woman reported Monday that she was playing with a firearm and accidentally shot herself in the leg in the 1000 block of Rowan Circle.
• Verizon Wireless reported Monday that is was the victim of fraud in the 400 block of Laurel Pointe Circle.
• A man on Monday reported vandalism at Aldi, 115 S. Avalon Drive.
• Brianna Haggins, 19, was charged Monday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 100 block of East Liberty Street.
• Justin Ray Cheek, 24, was charged Monday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 100 block of West Liberty Street.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A woman on Monday reported a burglary in the 1000 block of Holland Drive.
• A woman reported Monday her home was broken into in the 4900 block of Foster Road, Cleveland.
• A woman on Tuesday reported an assault in the 200 block of Rodden Road, Woodleaf.
• Tiffany Covington Geib, 37, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor breaking and entering in the 800 block of Scercy Road, China Grove.
• Daniel Edward Beck, 55, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor assault by pointing a gun in the 200 block of T. Brown Road.
• Joey Paul Eller, 48, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor assault on a child in the 100 block of Dixon Drive.
• Cruz Anthony Cruz-Albaran, 17, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor marijuana possession at Armistead and Phaniels roads.
• Andy Mark Kepley, 59, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor assault on a child in the 2000 block of Sherrills Ford Road.
• Katlin Cassidy Flynn, 27, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor breaking and entering in the 100 block of Proctor Drive.
• Scott Alan Fischer, 51, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 600 block of Settlers Grove Lane.
• April Lynn Cerritos Reyes, 39, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor cruelty to animals in the 5400 block of Wildwood Road.
• Lane Alexander Perry, 24, was charged Sunday with felony larceny of a firearm while at the Rowan County Detention Center.
• Timothy Scott Williamson, 24, was charged Monday with felony possession of a controlled substance with intent to manufacture a Schedule VI substance in the 600 block of North Walnut Street.
• Gary La Spencer, 34, was charged Monday with misdemeanor possession of marijuana in the 2100 block of North Cannon Boulevard, Kannapolis.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.
SALISBURY — The Rowan-Salisbury Board of Education will hold an all-day retreat Thursday to plan for the future. Topics will include... read more