Blotter: Intoxicated hotel patron charged with marijuana possession
SALISBURY — An intoxicated man was charged with marijuana possession after he refused to leave a hotel, authorities said.
John Edward Kushwara, 38, of the 2800 block of Enoch Church Road, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor injury to personal property, misdemeanor simple possession of marijuana and misdemeanor second-degree trespassing.
The staff at Econo Lodge told police that Kushwara refused to leave the hotel after checkout. A police officer noted that Kushwara was intoxicated. He was searched, and police found 3.1 grams of marijuana.
He was issued a $2,000 secured bond and has since been released from the Rowan County Detention Center.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A boy was assaulted Tuesday in the 300 block of American Drive.
• A fraud/counterfeit incident was reported Tuesday in the 1900 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• Sprint reported Tuesday that an employee created fake accounts and gave phones to people at 910 E. Innes St.
• A man on Tuesday reported larceny and fraud while at IHOP, 275 Bendix Drive.
• A juvenile on Wednesday reported an attempted burglary in the 900 block of Pine Street.
• A woman on Wednesday reported fraud while at Big Lots 711 E. Innes St.
• Speedway on Wednesday reported an embezzlement at 3410 S. Main St.
• A man reported Thursday someone took items from his vehicle in the 200 block of East Horah Street.
• A man on Thursday reported a breaking and entering in the 900 block of North Jackson Street.
• Tan’s Properties LLC reported vandalism Thursday at 713 Park Ave.
• Police are investigating a report of soliciting crimes against nature in the 300 block of North Shaver Street.
• Ashley Jermaine Black, 33, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor assault inflicting serious injury in the 1400 block of East Innes Street.
• Brian Ezra Saulters, 58, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor possession of a marijuana in the 1100 block of North Main Street.
• Dwayne Melvin Coward, 34, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 100 block of East Liberty Street.
• Latisha Dion Gladden, 37, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor crimes against nature in the 300 block of North Shaver Street.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• Demorrius Lamar Perryman, 21, was charged Wednesday with felony possession of a firearm by a felon in the 70000 block of Interstate 85 South.
• Travis Wayne Kiziah, 17, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor possession of marijuana in the 900 block of Sides Road and Eastland Drive.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.