Fire officials: Friday morning Crown Point Apartment fire caused by untended cooking
SALISBURY — Salisbury fire officials said a Friday morning fire at the Crown Point Apartment complex was caused by untended food that had been cooking.
The fire, which began shortly before 9 a.m., was under control within half an hour and confined to the kitchen. However, there was smoke damage throughout the apartment, officials said.
About 30 firefighters were at the scene with mutual aid from Rowan County Rescue Squad and the East Spencer, Granite Quarry, Locke and Faith fire departments.
The Hanford Dole Chapter of the American Red Cross is assisting the displaced tenants. The complex is on Crown Point Drive.
The Davie County Democratic Party will host its annual precinct organization meeting on Saturday at the Davie County Public Library... read more